An Ode to Firaxis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Ode to Firaxis

It was dark and stormy night. Sounds of death and destruction were everywhere, stretching the day into the darkness. It was like hearing a symphony of despair, slowed to the point of merciless infinitude. The stray crack of a snipers rifle. Enemy troops marching hurriedly behind armoured personnel carriers.

But the worst part was the air. It spoke in dull tones, yet the message was as loud as the air sirens that had wailed so early in the morning.... Betrayal!

Sigmund Marer was hunched over a dusty map deep within a Firaxian bunker. His casualty rate had been high. Sweat poured from his brow as he recalled, in horror, so many of his loyal troops deserting the battlefield. "A bold new iniative," they cried. "A Big, Huge Company to call our own!" they sang.

It was too much! He should have never hesitated when Numero Uno, his first officer brought rumors of mutiny to his attention and suggested nerve stapling as the only alternative....

But Sig had a plan... a secret weapon that was about to be unleashed upon the masses. Soon, all trace of humanity would be wiped out (except for him, that would be stupid!) and mammoth, scaled reptiles would once again rule the earth! "World domination will be mine!" he gasped. But now there was nothing to do but wait, and watch, and listen. There would be a time for such an offensive, but not yet. Not yet....

More posts to follow. If anyone would like to be in them, please give me your name. I promise that no one will be made to look stupid.

Comment

Working...
    X