Time Mechanics - new idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Mechanics - new idea

There has been many discussion on the topic RTSxTBS. I just had an idea about the way time should be put on the game, and I'd like to hear your opnion.

My idea is: you have your dino's and you give them the commands real time. You have a specific time to do it. After that time is complete, the game advances a huge time period (somthing like 100k years or 200k years), when you can comeback to action to see the results of your actions, the dinos current situation (this two first can be in a "pause") and then you have another period of time to give them orders (in real time).

A variation of that could be that you have the oppurtunity to see the growth of a dino since it's born. You watch him during his whole life period to see what may be the problems with it in a particular age (say, your dinos are not being able to feed by themselves on the time you wanted, or they're getting too old so early and you wanted to give a longer life). After that, there's a time "jump" (those 100k or 200k years) so that you can see another dino birth.

Any ideas?
    novice
    "Última flor do Lácio, inculta e bela,
    És a um tempo, esplendor e sepultura."
    Why the heck my posts # doesn't increase in my profile?
    Some great music: Dead Fish; Rivets; Wacky Kids; Holly Tree.

Ah... I'm not sure how well that would work... but its a good idea.

------------------
    Its normal to be weird here and weird to be normal~ Brain

___
    CtG

I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

Working...
    X