Apolyton and a RTS game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton and a RTS game

Will Apolyton keep this forum open if Dinosaurs turns out to be RTS?

Assuming it is RTS will they keep this forum if it turns out to be good stradagy game?, What if it is nothing more then Dinocraft?

Just wondering what the Staff is thinking on this... or anyone for that matter.

------------------
    "Power does not corrupt; it merely attracts the corruptable"

"Power doesn't corrupt; it merely attracts the corruptable"

We're covering Dino for two reasons
    1) it's part of the "Sweep of Time" trilogy, which also contains two games we already cover: civ3 and smac
    2) lots of our visitors are interested in it

Comment

I agree with MarkG. With the decision to incorporate SMAC into the site, Apolyton stepped away from being "Pure civ" and became a sort of omnipotent "Sweep of Time" site. It's for the better, I think, as long as it doesn't go Sidgames and starts to incorporate gazillion irrelevant games.

Comment

our moto is "Quality over Quantity"

and smac IS civ!

Comment

I see your point with the 'Sweep of Time' thing, and I have no problem with Dinos being RTS; however, even though it is lumped into the 'Sweep of Time' I am not overly confident that it will in ANY way be related to Civ and SMAC other then having Sid's name plastered all over it (hopefully I will be proven horribly wrong ) I'm just hoping it will be a good game

I support Apolyton expanding, but I also agree with Hugo on the amount of expansion.

Comment

Well, obviously it remains to be seen how much civ dino will be. Time and visitors will tell us what to do about it. At this time though, our visitors wanted forums and news about this game....

as for expansion, our previous expansion in coverage was 11 months ago, with smac(civ3 is not counted, we already had a civ3 forum and posted any news that looked like civ3). I dont think this is a crazy expansion rate

Comment

Sounds good to me and Thanks for the Cool Site

Comment

What about the far future? Apolyton cant just die... there might be a SMAC 2 and there is a very long shot of a Civ 4... Civ 3 (if its as modifiable as Civ 2) could remain popular for a long while, but what then?
                "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Pythagoras, are you kidding?
                  Sid's Egg (Dino) or not, Civ III and Smac 2 will keep this site busy until half 2001 at least, don't counting patches and expansions.
                  I'm worry instead if Firaxis's people will keep us happy with their new toys till 2002 or it will be better if I'll look around for company with fresh ideas. I hope for former case, but you know: better safe than sorry

------------------
                  Adm.Naismith AKA mcostant
                  "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                  - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Working...
                  X