The site has been updated if you haven't noticed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The site has been updated if you haven't noticed

They've discussed about turn-based and real-time. They've managed to convince me that real-time seems a hell of a lot more fun. I can now see that's what they want us to want. lol.

I'll be back soon on this.

I'll have to agree with your observations Loki. I got the feeling that it maybe RTS after the first release of the diaries, but this almost solidifies it in my mind. For better or worse it's going to be Dinocraft.

To SMAC player the diaries are a good example of a Democratic/Free Market/Thought Control social settings speculate what is likely to make the most money, 'Suggest' to the people that this is what they want, then let them feel that they can vote on it. LOL

Will it be any good? who knows? I have alot of faith that Sid can come up with a good game... but.. can Firaxis implement it.. on this point, I'm not to hopeful. Then agian I haven't played Gettysburg or Antidem.

Would someone who plays the Firaxis civil war games tell me if they are done well. I highly suspect they are great games, but are they 'clean', do they run well?, loaded with bugs? etc.. or are they like SMAC, an AWESOME concept but suffering from a death of a thousand small cuts.

------------------
    "Power does not corrupt; it merely attracts the corruptable"

"Power doesn't corrupt; it merely attracts the corruptable"

Comment

Gettysburg is a great game, and if they would ship Antietam to Europe I would have already played it.

I bought Gettysburg, because I wrote about the American Civil War and I couldnt quite imagine how battles were fought at that time. Sure I read about, flank attacks and such. So, I bought that game and it gives you a good feeling of how battles were fought and how cruel they were (when you look at the dead people on the ground after such a battle).

I do not fear that Firaxis is incapable of making a great game, however I do fear that I will not be interested in playing dinosaur games. In fact, I give quite a **** about dinosaurs (self-censoring).

Ata

Comment

Working...
      X