One of the dumbest questions ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the dumbest questions ever!

This question will probably confirm me as a true geek, but I was wondering how would I rip the music for CTP I and II put them on my (windows based) iPod. I've been rooting around and I can't find where the songs are located. Once I can find them, I can probably load them onto my iPod.

Btw, I did find one song on Kazaa (tribal drums), so I know it can be done.

Thanks!
    The wall of the Achaians

I wouldn't call it a dumb question. I needed myself to figure it out and actual I didn't it alone. Do a google search for Audiograbber, and you should find the program you need to rip the audio tracks from the CD.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Easy CD-DA Extractor is pretty good too, and you dont need to download anything else with it, i think you need to download an external MP3 decoder for Audiograbber, unless they sorted that out now.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Erhm, CDex is the solution. Open source and free.
        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Well, using audiograbber (the free version) I was able to to find some of the music files and download them. There are a few that seem to be hidden. Have any of you guys actually used one of these programs to successfully get the music?

Also, track 1 on CTP I and II are usually 53+ minutes of static. Any ideas?

Thanks again for all of the help!

Dave
          The wall of the Achaians

Comment

I havent got any from the ctp discs before, but they show up as cd tracks, so it should work as any other music cd ripping would. Are you having trouble with AG?

Track 1 is just the data track dont worry about that.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
            X