OFFICIAL: Attitude Towards Austria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by H Tower
    at this point, killing the settler is more of a foreign policy decision IMO.
    actually, it would be a decision of the foreign minister, how to deal with the foreigners. if he decides to chase the settler. that job would be handled by the minister of defence.

Comment

how happy is their face towards us, and what is their leaders character like? evil/good?
      If they are evil and mostly unhappy towards us then i would vote for trying to get their map and then attacking the settler and trying for their cities.
      If they are good and mostly happy to wards us then i would vote to trade maps and gift then some gold and try to build peacefull relations with them, in the hope of being able to trade techs etc later on.
      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

They don't like us just one face before the war face. So get their map with a threat if neccessary and decide what we will do next on their empire size (if we can get their map).

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

dont expel the settler, follow it for a while, theres no military unit nearby so if we.... we'll get to destroy a city for free once the war starts

Comment

sorry, i sometimes confuse all the different mods out there.
            would that city bring us science, gold, pw?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
              sorry, i sometimes confuse all the different mods out there.
              would that city bring us science, gold, pw?
              It would bring us something if our opponent wouldn't havve spend everything on settlers buildings and tile improvements, before we conquer the city. As long as the city has only a population of one it wouldn't give us a slave. But note that the enslaving option is a bit buggy.

-Martin

Comment

KILL THE AUSTRIANS!!!!!!!!!!!
                When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                  They don't like us just one face before the war face. So get their map with a threat if neccessary and decide what we will do next on their empire size (if we can get their map).

-Martin
                  I dont think we're in a good position to threat right now, so just use the meek/obsequious(sp) tone, request an exchange of maps, then prepare for war.
                  Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                  CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                  One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora

I dont think we're in a good position to threat right now, so just use the meek/obsequious(sp) tone, request an exchange of maps, then prepare for war.
                    d'accord

Comment

H, Frozz, thanks guys

Locutus. I'm hurt. I'm really hurt.

No no, but really. RB, as far as personal attacks go, that was rubbish. Locutus can manage far better than that I have no doubt.
                      H, Rip-on IW days are scheduled for the second sunday of every month. I've got used to it.

In defense of the poll, I think Dale sums it up best in the debate thread. It would be more confusing and more likely to end up with a stupid result if it's done over three threads.
                      I was not promising the expulsion of the settler, my question was "what do we want to do about the settler".
                      I've edited the opening post to reflect the inaccuracy.

You wanna do better, run against me Now that should spice things up a bit...
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Oh, and can someone tighten that constitution up?
                        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

members of the citizenry are welecomed to suggest amendments, just be sure to look up the rules for doing it first

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                            Actual it wouldn't improve much our situation, sooner or later they would start a war anyway. If our threat is successfull then we have a map and made a treaty that will raise the regard of the Austrians for us, and could postpone the war some turns.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                            X