No announcement yet.

How Big is Your CtP2 Folder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDIT: Reading Hex's post again, maybe he was supposed to play capture the flag since it was the tutorial, but I bet the real problem is something very simple that we should demand the answer to, when he finally figures it out.

Original post below, which describes the purpose of the flag in the regular game. (Pretend it's accurate for Hex's problem and it's quite funny.)

I tell ya, I come to a game forum and get Comedy Central instead....(see the post I just made in the Med mod errors thread in the mod forum)

Hex, you're not supposed to play "capture the flag"!
    The flag is a marker which you place to mark where you want your reinforcements to assemble. It begins in the middle of the map by default, waiting for you to place it where you want it.
    It sounds like the middle of the map was inside one of the structures placed on the map. On some of them, like farmhouses, you can't enter the fenced-in yard beside them.

This incident deserves to be immortalized in a sig, if anyone wants to claim it. (I had some real fun doing that back in my Ctp1 days.)
    Last edited by WesW; January 30, 2003, 02:49.

Comment

I had the same problem as Hex when i first played Shogun, sometimes it was just impossible to get your troops in the tutorial to move to where they were supposed to go(click on the flag). And then after a few attempts it seemed to work and then the rest was easy to get through. In fact the tutorial wasn't 100% helpful in that it would tell you what to do in a display box, then when you had started the box would close and wouldn't come back untill you had finished that section. So unless you wrote down the instructions i suppose it was possible to get a bit 'lost'. Still i did get through it and it was quite useful. So Hex just click on the flag alot until it(the tutorial) is happy

Medieval is a good game like Shogun- very atmospheric.
      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Yeah, the problem is in the tutorial - I'm one of those people who actually play the tutorial when I get a new game

The irritating thing is the narrator (drill seargant) and his comments after about 20 minutes of failed attempts.

I'll have to retry it in the near future. After my failed attempt, I uninstalled the game, so it was not a huge priority for me.

Besides, Dale is keeping me too busy at the moment.
        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
        ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Working...
        X