• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tamerlin
    I am too young to know this.
    Uhg! Gave away my age there, did I?

Originally posted by Locutus
    Well, I don't remember but naturally I still have the game installed so I can look it up in a matter of seconds: 2,13 MB (and I clearly remember that zipped it's just a wee bit too large to fit on a single 1.44 disk )
    2MB! That’s it. I still have both 1.44 discs. 2MB was about 20% of my hard-drive!
    If something doesn't feel right, you're not feeling the right thing.

Comment

10% of mine Ah, those were the days...
      Last edited by Locutus; January 9, 2003, 11:49.
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Devil of Truth
        Whoohoo! I win!

Can anybody remember the size of a complete Civ1 install?
        What do you mean remember? I still have one!

I'll tell you the size of the folder when I get to my other computer later today.

Comment

ahenobarb,
          Wow, a 4 hour cross post?! That's got to be some sort of record...

Comment

i played Civ1 be4 b/c my math teacher had it

Comment

The size of the original Civ I folder is 2.1 MegaBytes. That means that the CTP2 game is more than 100 times the size of Civ I!

Comment

The guy who reviewed MTW in the link is too ignorant, foulmouthed and stupid to be reviewing a strategy game, foul language normally being a sign of someone with a limited vocabulary. (And I won't mention the Robocop stuff. Good movie, but not for the violence.)

I have not played any of the newer RTS games out there, but I have never seen an AI that adjusts so well to the myriad conditions that you encounter when two armies meet in MTW (differences like quality, size and abilities of troops). It adapts strategy depending not only on its forces, but yours as well, plus the particular terrain you are fighting on.
                As far as realism, the detail of the factors taken into effect on the battlefield is incredible, from fatigue to morale to unit facing. There are probably a dozen things that affect morale, and they differ from unit to unit enormously, and breaking an enemy's morale is really the key to victory, just like in real life.

The TBS part of the game is pretty simplistic compared to a civ game, but that is because the bulk of the work went into the battle AI. Thus, IMO, the game does NOT try to be everything to everybody.

To sum up, for me the game is as enjoyable and addictive as anything I have ever played. To appreciate the game you have to really study it, just like with a civ game, and this takes time plus a knowledgeable, mature person, which disqualifies the jackass who wrote that review.

Btw, I have just posted the latest version of my MTW mod, and I am really excited about it. Check out the readme link at the site to see what I have been up to for the last few months.

Comment

MTW huh? that game is really good, but i dont have it....

Comment

Ive got Shogun, not a bad game. Something tells me Wes' post was intended for elsewhere too.
                    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I think Wes is referring to the review IW linked to at the top of this page (or bottom of the last page, depending on your forum settings).

Comment

Could somebody fill me in on this...

I got Shogun really cheap a while back. Recently, I gave it a try. I never made it out of the first tutorial because as hard as I tried, I could not get the troops to move to the flag in the courtyard. I must of clicked on the #@$% flag, underneath the flag, on top of the flag for 45 minutes.

I gave up on frustration - am I missing something here????
                        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                        ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

wow , how could that happened? could u get them to move at all?

Comment

Movement was no problem, but getting them to the flag was impossible. The units went everywhere but but the @#%! flag.

I know I'm not the greatest RTP, but I can point and click a mouse...
                            Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                            ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Sorry Hex, I'm not sure that I understand your problem. I've never played Shogun: TW, but I do have MTW. MTW is a good game I've spent many hours with it. The downside, is however, that it may not be enjoyable for the average civer, because the TBS portion is to simpistic. The RTS part can be very intense, and to be quite honest I've yet to get the hang of it. I'd reccomend it, but don't expect a civ-type game. Its more like Risk, mixed with AOE for the battles. <-- that's of course is still not a good comparison because as Wes said the AI is very good and the startegic depth in the RTS portion is better than any RTS that's currently out there...While AOE for example was more of a rock/ scissors/paper - bigger army wins.

Comment

maybe its a trigger that keeps u away/close to another object?

Comment

Working...
                                X