What Mods Should I Get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Mods Should I Get?

I was just thinking about reinstalling CTP2, and I've heard that it's all different game with the right mods.
    so what mods should I get?
    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

For the same game with the bugs fixed i would get Apolyton Pack.

For a totally diferent game get Craddle of Civilization Mod if you like ancient age. Or World at Wat, if you like to play in the 1900's(this mod cuts the ancient age completely).
    MedMod 2 is also a good choice. Changes all ages but it is a little out of date since his creator has left apolyton. So i would go to the others two mainly.
    Last edited by Pedrunn; November 9, 2002, 14:31.
    "Kill a man and you are a murder.
    Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
    Kill all and you are a God!"
    -Jean Rostand

Comment

Basically you ought to try 'em all

But yes, Apolyton Pack is probably the best place to start: it's got a decent AI and provides an interesting game, "the way it was meant to be".

Then, if you want an (even) better AI and a (very much) fleshed out ancient game, go for Cradle. For a quick gamestart and a 20th century tech tree, go for World at War! and for just an overall much improved game with more units, advances, etc in all ages, and a good economic system, go for the (slightly older but still interesting) MedMod. For all these mods (except WAW!), Martin's GoodMod can be added to provide you with a few nice extra (trade goods, AI improvements, etc).
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Good Mod is already in Cradle
        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
        ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

eh hexagonian... tight how the background for ur eye's in chinese

anyway...there aren't more? what about AbousoluteState? i can't find it anymore

Comment

what about AbousoluteState?
            Still to go
            Once i get time for it. Once the DG starts i will probably have more time. The past days i was oo excited with it.
            "Kill a man and you are a murder.
            Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
            Kill all and you are a God!"
            -Jean Rostand

Comment

Haven't played in a while, but Locutus tells me Super Apolyton Pack is good - CtP 2 without dramatic changes, but bugfixes and AI added.

MedMod is my favorite for a reshapred game, lots of excellent additions.
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

HuangShang

I pulled the chinese off a website that had old chinese rubbings, and merged it with my normal avatar concept (a single eye).

I've been playing Emperor lately too, so it kind of fits into my interest at the moment...
                Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Nice choice solver my favourite is MM2 although not updated now and the new currency model is a bit buggered (eg AI still think 100 gold is alot when actually now 1000 gold is equivilent to what 100 was in the unmodded game. but nevermind
                  Cradle is good but i like to go from Ancient to Diamond
                  Oxygen should be considered a drug
                  Tiberian Sun Retro
                  My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
                  http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

Hmm in the unmodded game even 1000 is not terribly much...
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                      Hmm in the unmodded game even 1000 is not terribly much...
                      Actual this is only true for the human but not for the AI, I think this is true the way around in GoodMod.

-Martin
                      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

wow, thanks guys, didn't expect this many replies.

I think I try Apolyton Pack and MedMod2, and Cradle sounds interesting too.

again, Thanks

Comment

Oh and when your realise its a great game *cough*modded*cough* you can join the CtP2 democracy game

I will be keeping an eye on your little badges next to your avatar anyway keep in touch and tell us what you think
                          Oxygen should be considered a drug
                          Tiberian Sun Retro
                          My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
                          http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

Originally posted by SMIFFGIG
                            Oh and when your realise its a great game *cough*modded*cough* you can join the CtP2 democracy game
                            I will be keeping an eye on your little badges next to your avatar
                            I'm part of the ACDG and I'm afraid that I don't have enough time to even really contribute to it.

anyway keep in touch and tell us what you think
                            Don't worry, I will.

Comment

bonus question: where I can get mod swapper? couldn't find it from ctp2 files here on Apolyton.

Comment

Working...
                              X