No announcement yet.

4th Apolyton CtP2 SP Tournament: 3 September - 3 November 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a great Mod, but I will probably make a few changes to make more enjoyable for me for future (non-tourney) use. It should be more difficult for players, including the AI, to break treaties or alliances. I will modify either the Dynasty government, to allow maybe 15 cities and a moderate increase in production, or the city-state government to be less sensitive to unhapiness. As it stands now, by the time you increase the number of entertainers to keep your cities from revolting, their production levels are lower than they were in Dynesty. It also seems to take too long to get to Monarchy.

Since most of us used the increase in advances given at the start to the AI's as a quick and easy means of making them more effective, I think I will reduce the number of advances that they start out with since in this mod they are so much more effective and agressive. Many kudos to the mod creator for accomplishing this very difficult task. It was certainly way beyond my ability

Comment

I don´t know if I can finish this tournament in time.

I try it.

Year: 4.000
      Citys: 10 + 1 Nomad
      Big points: Greek empire conquered in 5800! (2 citys)
      2 eritrean citys captured.
      Bad points: War with all AI´s, 2 cities extremly weak ...
      Research: City States

I like this mod! Exspecially the militia unit!
      The militia of rome starts in the first round her excursion - direction north. After few turns they reach the greeks and found Sparta without defence.
      What should I say? Thank you , greeks!

Than one warrior in Sparta built and this was the end of the greeks!

I am very lucky with my start. Therefore it´s ok, that in the year 4000 the persians declare war and in a few turns they will capter two outposts.

So long
      Jesper "The lucky Greekkiller" Portus
      Ludo ergo sum!

Comment

Originally posted by Jesper Portus
        I don´t know if I can finish this tournament in time.
        Uhm, you still have 3 weeks...

And if needed, I'll be a bit more lenient with the deadline this time, since there were so many problems getting this tourney started...
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus

Uhm, you still have 3 weeks...

And if needed, I'll be a bit more lenient with the deadline this time, since there were so many problems getting this tourney started...
          Sometimes I have to work

and to found a family ...

I will play ans see ...

Jesper "the worker" Portus
          Ludo ergo sum!

Comment

gratz to kill the greeks...but..i think it's only good for the score...the other nations are now stronger..one enemy less..for the others..hmm..anyway..try your luck to survive...4000 BC is very early..but if you came near 0 AD..they will able to overrun your towns...

i restart again...the third time..and now it looks very good...it's 1000 AD and only in War with one nation...

resarch civic engineering...have 70k gold...2 wonders and 15 towns...all filled with 6 legions and 6 archer.....

gouvernment: republic

my resarch is running...need only 8-10 turns for one advance...

ok..let's see what the future is bringing...

Comment

Originally posted by Dread_Doomfist
              i restart again...the third time..and now it looks very good...it's 1000 AD and only in War with one nation...
              I can't keep the AIs happy - how do you keep them from attacking you?! I give them gold, map, gold, map, etc. on every other turn. Then WAM they attack me! I guess my diplomacy just sucks....

Now we are playing territory roullette - the Persians have much of the original Greek territory, I have the Persians, the Etrucians have blue (who is blue?), the Greeks have Carth's, everyone has at least one of my cities, etc. It's quite amusing to see it going on! I've retaken some of my cities and I'm going to build up my infrastructure before expanding again. I will probably go north this time, regardless of who is up there when I'm ready.

Comment

Well, I'm just about done with this one. I took the same approach as I did in the last tournament. I just haven't had the time recently to play the long high score games, so I went for the quick win once again...

ETB, have you tried to make treaties with any of the AI's? From my experience, they stay happier for longer when you have some form of treaty with them.

Comment

Centrifuge: Good Luck to win quick....it's nearly impossible...in this mod..your armys are ever weaker then the armys of your enemys...and you can't fight against more then one..that's my opinion...i think the goal to win this game is to resrearch adavances as fast as you can..and THEN you're able to be stronger then the AI...but a war is very expensive...you can't build infrastructure (for higher science output) and armys so fast..

ETB: in this mod..treatys makes your enemys not happier...all of my opponents are angry with me..hmm..not all..but all except 2...;-)..and gifts don't work...don't be aggressive..hmm..it's only my experience in my actual game....and for now..it works fine...

citys: 15 (population 400 x 1000? or was it 10.000?)
                  gold: 250k
                  actual research: crossbow
                  war at: one nation (not really....only declared)
                  gouvernment: tribunal empire

how i keep the AI away from attacking me?

don't know..but i make no expansion - just defeat my borders...

DD

Comment

Originally posted by Dread_Doomfist
                    Centrifuge: Good Luck to win quick....it's nearly impossible...in this mod..your armys are ever weaker then the armys of your enemys...and you can't fight against more then one..

Who said I was doing any fighting?

Comment

Okay so how are you avoiding it?
                      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                        Okay so how are you avoiding it?
                        No big secret, just following the golden rule: "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" Oh yes, and threatening to crush them every once in a while...

Comment

Ah, but didnt you get into any troubles early on? It seems almost inevitable. I had some close shaves, like losing Rome and later recapturing it but its all under control now though, dont panic
                          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Congratulations to all who're getting on top of the game!

I think the only thing saving me from going downhill is all the sneak/stealth attacks I making, although some bad choices of government have proven quite costly...

Also, I think a large negative aspect of my playing is that I don't tend to attack much.
                            Anyway, can't wait to see how your games turn out!
                            3am...! Can't be, I just started...!
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            Ahhh, my first Nuke!
                            Now the fat lady's singin'...

Comment

I felt fortunate just to survive the first 4000 years, didn't even come close to capturing a city! I have had no luck with the diplomacy end. I've had 2 Peace Treaties with Orange, and 1 with Purple, but in all cases they still attacked me with no warning. Green was very aggresive and attacking constantly. Brown also has started a few battles.

I'm at about 500 BC and have lost two of my cities, but captured 8 others (mostly green's). The only thing that has saved me from extinction is the AI's battling each other.

Comment

I feel like the odd man out here, because I have really had a pretty easy time with diplomacy. I made peace with everyone right away, and have kept them happy by throwing little tidbits to them every-so-often. I've had one close call where the Persians had a stack of 8 right next to one of my cities, but I threw some money their way and asked them to withdraw... which they did. So, I guess that I'll just keep my fingers crossed until I can (hopefully )get the diplo win.

Comment

Working...
                                X