X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to se you guys are having fun
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

How did you get an Alliance with the Greeks. I had a Peace treaty with them for awhile, but they broke it with an attack on one of my 4 measly cities. I haven't lost any cities yet, but I sure can't expand. I use up my troops defending them, as fast as I can produce.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by mnbryan37
        How did you get an Alliance with the Greeks. I had a Peace treaty with them for awhile, but they broke it with an attack on one of my 4 measly cities. I haven't lost any cities yet, but I sure can't expand. I use up my troops defending them, as fast as I can produce.

Bill
        let me say...actually i'm not longer allied with anyone in the game...

i was allied with the greeks in the first 4 or 5 thousend years.....have found a slaver from the greeks....and ask the greeks for leave my territory.....then i make a peace treaty and after a while a alliance...that helps me a little bit...ask the greeks for advances..and they give me 7 or 9 advances for free...don't remember....later they broke the alliance..and captured 5 of my 9 cities...i strikes back...and actually i have 6 of my 9 cities...but i can't fight against 4 massively stronger nations...the greeks, the persians..the celt and the etrucia.....they have man-at arms, machinegunner, artillery and better...and me? only composite archer, horseman, and hypa...argl..don't know the name yet...these units looks like the phalanx..thats my strongest units..
        very hard game...can build one more wonder.....but i don't know, how long i live if i see the actuall situation...

good luck for all of us ;-)

DD

Comment

Damn... looks like a few of us might not survive.
          I take it we still submit games where we got hammered out of existence...?

I'm up to about 1200BC, and have 14 odd cities. Each time they take one I build another somewhere else. It's great that it's so late in the game and I'm still exploring my continent and finding heaps of places to start new cities!

Good luck all!

Oh... and is everyone aware of the 6 building types that don't build when you're playing with the cradle mod??? They'll be in the list and get built, but won't turn up in the city inventory, as they've been displaced with new buildings in some of the coding. I can't recall which ones they are though. Just making sure everyone is aware of this.

And one last thing, I have a peace treaty with one of the Civs, but when I check the diplomacy manager the word 'Bloodbath' appears at the top of the screen with a few other of the details.
          What does this mean and why is it there???
          Last edited by Shadow; September 7, 2002, 02:39.
          3am...! Can't be, I just started...!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Ahhh, my first Nuke!
          Now the fat lady's singin'...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow

And one last thing, I have a peace treaty with one of the Civs, but when I check the diplomacy manager the word 'Bloodbath' appears at the top of the screen with a few other of the details.
            When you conquer a city you get 3 options to either, Extend Emipre(take over the city), Enslave(puts citizens as slaves in current cities) and Bloodbath(kills all citizens). Bloodbath lowers regard massively, seems like it takes forever for the AI to get over it for diplomacy.

In my game its around 1200BC and I just lost Rome to the Greeks (Those Legions are SO bloody hard.) And i can see 2 more 12 stacks coming. I think i pushed them over the top with my slavers Still got 11 cities left anyhow
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow
              That sounds to me like a string problem. I would try to reloadslic.

-Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Hey Martin.
                I got the same thing without Cradle in the last tournament, so I dunno. And ALL the civs were like that.
                I'll try your advice.
                Cheers.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Ahhh, my first Nuke!

Comment

I was not aware of the non-buildable building types. Anyone have a list of which they are?

I'm at around 2500 BC and have edged up to 7 cities, but two of them are not well protected, but are somewhat hidden from the AI's, so could lose them at any time.

I have a Peace treaty with the Persions, but haven't been able to upgrade to an alliance yet.

This is a great Mod. I never would have tried it otherwise. Now I can't wait to start an easier game and learn more than just survival, then work back up to this level.

Bill

Comment

...singing.."i will survive"...lol

restart the game..with more cities..and a closer distance between the cities..early it seems to work better...captured 4 etrucia cities...but all destroyed except one of the...a good outpost...its now 850 BC..and lost no city..ok..only one..but captured back in the same turn...the AI is sooooooooo quick in research advances...can't be so quick..it's impossible..the AI break all treatys..

no question it is a very good mod...but not ever really fair..any bugs...the AI can capture with his troops a town..and in the same round, he go with the same troops outside of the town...or capture with artillery in directly fight a town...and then bombard with the same ari my troops outside of the town..

it seems the AI attack you only if you have a military strength over a point...but i can't verifiy this...

before i restart ...i make a suicidal attack...take all my troops out of my towns...and attacks many cities..capture any of them..the AI captured only one or two of my cities without any defense...

DD

by the way sorry for the bad english ;-)

Comment

I was not aware of the non-buildable building types. Anyone have a list of which they are?
                      Ignore that remark, that problem was fixed a long time ago already...

Good to hear you people are enjoying the mod

Comment

I wasn't aware it was fixed.
                        Apologies for any confusion.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Ahhh, my first Nuke!

Comment

Good to hear that. There was a similier problem with a Wonder in the original CTP2. When you complete the Internet wonder it states you will get a computer center in each city, but it doesn't show up and you still have to build them. Was this bug ever fixed?

Comment

Good to hear that. There was a similier problem with a Wonder in the original CTP2. When you complete the Internet wonder it states you will get a computer center in each city, but it doesn't show up and you still have to build them. Was this bug ever fixed?
                            Actual the wonder gives you the effect, but the building was still buildable, even if it wouldn't give you an additional effect. Don't know if the bug was fixed I build all buildings anyway, but it is possible to remove the building from the build queue.

-Martin
                            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I fixed it for the MedMod, I don't know if other mods copied it.

Comment

Originally posted by ETB
                                I just downloaded the Cradle Mod from the CtP2 file directory – all 12.8MB of it
                                Ooops. That wasn't all of it! Today I noticed the link for the "second file" in the Mods directory. I downloaded all 1.38MB of that file, unzipped it, it replaced some cradle files, and ModSwapper reports that I can play Cradle 1.32. Friends, Romans, countrymen - I am ready to go!

Comment

Working...
                                X