No announcement yet.

4th Apolyton CtP2 SP Tournament: 3 September - 3 November 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so does that mean it'll work when i start playing on Thursday?

Comment

Originally posted by Dread_Doomfist
      ..after installing graphics add-on....the same problem..and one more...lol...slowly i hate this mod..lol...
      hmm..i think the problem is...i play the game in german....there are 3 folders in ctp_data ....default/english/german
      the mod updates only the folders default and english...
      i copy all files of the mod in the german folder..but it doesn't work really...
      maybe...anyone of the german players can help me to fix it?

TIA
      I dont think its because you have a german version. Ive got the strange advance options at the beginning of the game too.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

@Dread-Doomfist

Here's how I got cradle to work with the german version of the game. First, copy the zipped ctp2_data folders normally into the appropriate directory. After you've installed all the necessary files from hex site, you go into english\gamefile and just copy all the files with start with CRA into the german\gamedata folder. This should do it. If not, might help to do a clean install. Works fine on my pc though.
        As for the mod it's just cradle 1.32, no special victory options.

Locutus: Do we play with the default diplomod 3.5 or the 3.6?

Comment

Since this was the last major mod I have not played, it's good to see it picked for the tournament.

- Just to be clear, is the version in the directory the latest?
          "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

I just downloaded the Cradle Mod from the CtP2 file directory – all 12.8MB of it I thought that it was rather convenient that it appeared first in the list of mods to download. I read the main Cradle Mod Readme file and it provides a nice overview of the mod. I am looking forward to my very first Cradle game. I reviewed some of the new units and those special units really caught my interest! Rome will be an interesting place indeed…

Comment

DD, I have the same problem, and I have the English version (I assume, whatever we got in Australia which may be slightly different, I dunno...).

The mods I've installed are: Patch, Modswapper, SAP, Cradle 1.3, Cradle 1.32 update. In that order.

Never had a problem with Cradle before, not sure what's going on now. I'll post it when I find out if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Shadow
              3am...! Can't be, I just started...!
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Ahhh, my first Nuke!
              Now the fat lady's singin'...

Comment

Ok, read all the readmes I could find, didn't find anything.
                Tried restarting but reloading slic this time (through message box), and that just made the slic errors worse.

I'm gunna try uninstalling and reinstalling...
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Ahhh, my first Nuke!

Comment

Loc, while I remember...

I've seen things like this happen when I've loaded CTP II with the wrong modswapper setting. Are you SURE you loaded Cradle1.32 when you started the game and created the save for everyone?
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Ahhh, my first Nuke!

Comment

OK. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Loaded mods in this order:

Patch, Cradle 1.3, Modswapper, Cradle 1.31 update, Cradle 1.32 update.

Same problem.
                    Got me beat. I hope someone's having better luck, 'cos I'm itching to play!

Shadow
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Ahhh, my first Nuke!

Comment

good to hear i'm not alone with my problems ;-)

Comment

Has anyone got it to work yet?
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Ahhh, my first Nuke!

Comment

Originally posted by Dread_Doomfist
                          good to hear i'm not alone with my problems ;-)
                          Nope. I downloaded the mod from this site. After creating my first city, my build choices were a Nomad and some genetic age beast called a Kraken (quite formidable looking). I'm going to muck around with it to see if I'm doing something wrong.
                          "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Thanks Maguiladora. This looks like a neat Mod and I think I'll give it a try. I'm a slow learner though, so I may not even finish the current tourney game, but it should be fun.

Bill

Comment

Seems there's a few people with exactly the same problem.

Which leads me to think that, Loc, it may be an issue with your save game... although I'm no guru at this, so it's very likely that I'm wrong.

If you want, load up CTP II v.Cradle1.32, save a game at the opening turn, and email it to me. If it works fine then that should help us narrow things down.
                              Your call.

Cheers,
                              Shadow
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              Ahhh, my first Nuke!

Comment

Guys, like I already said in the beginning of this thread, it's probably a problem on my side: I do all sorts of modwork all the time and usually use Cradle as basis for this work. Normally I have seperate modswapper options for my own modifications but sometimes things go wrong. I'm busy reinstalling and making a new Tournament game now, will post the new game later today.

BTW, the files you need to install are the file in the Directory here on Apolyton plus the "1.3/1.31 to 1.32 UPDATE (dated 05/22/02)" on Hex's website.
                                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X