CTP2: A good game vs. civ3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hagbart,

Have you been convinced by this thread to buy CtP2 ?

If the answer is yes, have you found the game and started to play ?

I'am interested in your feedback and I guess I'am not the only one.
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I like both games.

CTP2 has its Combat System, Future Technologies, its Public works and lots of Special Units.

Civ 3 on the other hand has real strategic Ressources (such as Oil, Iron or Coal) which are important enough to fught wars over (no Iron, no Swordmen, Knights etc; no coal, no Ironclads and no Railroads; no Oil, no modern Units).
      Civ 3 has also Cultural borders which i really like (the borders don´t expand with city-size, but with Culture-Points. build Librarys and Temples and watch your Borders grow).

I´d like to see a CTP3 with strategic Ressources and Luxuries and maybe cultural Borders.
      I´d love it
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Proteus_MST wrote:

Civ 3 on the other hand has real strategic Ressources (such as Oil, Iron or Coal) which are important enough to fught wars over (no Iron, no Swordmen, Knights etc; no coal, no Ironclads and no Railroads; no Oil, no modern Units).
        Yes, I agree--this is a cool part of Civ III. I remember years ago the game "Destiny" had this feature, it was one of the most attractive features of that game.

If they every do make CTP 3 (hey, I can dream, can't I?), I think that would be one of the key improvements.
        "Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it. And those who do know history repeat it just for fun."

Comment

Proteus_MST, bartdanr, have a look through the 'AI/mods/creation' ctp2 forum - those things you want to see are being worked on. That's the great thing about this game -it can evolve!
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor
            Proteus_MST, bartdanr, have a look through the 'AI/mods/creation' ctp2 forum - those things you want to see are being worked on. That's the great thing about this game -it can evolve!
            Sounds great.

Good Reason, to play CTP2 again
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
            X