3rd Apolyton CtP2 SP Tournament: 1 August - 1 September 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replaying the tourny game

OK I already modified some files, and with them I can compare the games. I think the most improtant thing are the accelerate slic files I am already in the 1470 and I just have started today. I also modified some other files, therefore this game can't be part of the official ranking.

OK here is another interesting observation I took the to the Barbarian fallen Arabian city Tunis. The city is located on a island in the North of their main land. On that island there was another Arabian city Fes. Suddenly the Indonesian landed just near Tunis with a few units. Next turn they attacked with a huge stack of three Greek Fires and a lot of transproters the with three cannons garrisoned city Tunis. they lost the battle. Afterwards they sneaked with the remaining land invasion force to the city Fes and took. Yeah the poor Arabians where already very damaged by their warmonger neighbors. Now the final thing afterwards the dishonorable Indonesian begged for a ceasefire. I accepted, because my invasion fleed isn't ready.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus
      I will start a new game soon. It ain't September 1 yet... (still can't decide what mod to use - have had several requested for GoodMod again but another mod would be better to give more modmakers a chance for feedback - then again, due to the Tournament less people might participate and that could hurt the feedback again )
      (Moved from "Multiplayer Tournament")

Tough call. During this tournament I was able to finish another game I was in the middle of, at the same time, without much problem. If the MP tournament is only during the weekends, then there's the possibility people could do both, depending on their schedules. That said, you're probably right, to maximize the number of people playing a new mod, it is probably best to go back to SAP or GoodMod (although I've been having problems with this mod crashing back to the desk top) until the multi-player is over.
      "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

• Well I am feeling that the current unreleased version is much more stable then v0.993, maybe I played right from the beginning with NumPlayers=9. So far only two crashes. They where repetive but I just had to reloadslic and I was able to play on. I only got two DebugSlic=Yes errors. So it is near that it is no problem to use DebugSlic=Yes . And another observation the optimized scripts allows to run the game much faster. I am now in the 19th century just after 6 hour of playing maybe in another 6 hours of playing it is done.

-Martin

Comment

• Originally posted by TheArsenal

That said, you're probably right, to maximize the number of people playing a new mod, it is probably best to go back to SAP or GoodMod (although I've been having problems with this mod crashing back to the desk top) until the multi-player is over.

Well, I for one would like to test out another mod, such as Cradle, MedMod, or WAW. Goodmod and SAP are excellant mods, but I haven't been able to play much with these others either.

...and by the way, what's all of this talk about getting 50,000 points yikes!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheArsenal
            That said, you're probably right, to maximize the number of people playing a new mod, it is probably best to go back to SAP or GoodMod (although I've been having problems with this mod crashing back to the desk top) until the multi-player is over.
            What are your MaxPlayers and NumPlayers settings in userprofile? I am currently playing on a SAP/GoodMod/UL map with 15 players and I am (almost) certain that having MaxPlayers=0 (default setting) caused a consistent crash during an AI’s turn at about 300 AD. When I set MaxPlayers=15 it didn’t crash. I have not encountered any crashes since then.

Comment

• damn it yo

sorry but theres no way ill finish my game b4 december or somwhere near there............................................. ....

Comment

• Originally posted by ETB
                What are your MaxPlayers and NumPlayers settings in userprofile? I am currently playing on a SAP/GoodMod/UL map with 15 players and I am (almost) certain that having MaxPlayers=0 (default setting) caused a consistent crash during an AI’s turn at about 300 AD. When I set MaxPlayers=15 it didn’t crash. I have not encountered any crashes since then.
                I was pretty sure that I had everything at default settings, and I may have checked this before when I was having trouble with the tourney game and this was brough up. But when I get home I will double check. I hope that this is the reason as its a simple solution and I was in the middle of a particularly interesting game.
                "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

• hmm...just started the game again...and was able to build 3 of the ancient (antique) wonders...pyramids, ramajana and chinese wall....could anyone build more?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dread_Doomfist
                    hmm...just started the game again...and was able to build 3 of the ancient (antique) wonders...pyramids, ramajana and chinese wall....could anyone build more?
                    Well in the end I had them all. I only tried to get the Ramajana. Actual the most important one, because it raises the happiness level of all your cities by three.

So far I nearly completed my restarted game with the modified rhules. It looks that I am not as good as last time, actual I wanted to be able to build the Gaja Controller and wanted to the AIs using fusion tanks and building sea cities.

-Martin

Comment

• So second game completed but I doubt if it is even for the unofficial rankings. So far I made two significant rhule changes. First I lowerd the tech costs for the later atvances. Second I increased the slider happiness penalties for the later governements. So my sliders are maxed out but only for the new settings not for the old ones. So in the end I got less points then the first time.

So just use the one Marine on the troop transporter to conquer the last remaining Greek city or hit end turn.

-Martin
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Jesper,
                        Time is running out, if you still want to submit your game, do it fast!

Martin,
                        No, sorry. Those rule changes are too drastic to count, even in the unofficial ranking. Even with very minor rule changes one could almost double one's score if the changes are chosen differently, so that give an accurate comparison of your skills towards other players's. In your case, your score was only 24,725 - even worse than your official score!

HuangShan,
                        Sorry to hear that but I'm sure all the practice will ensure you'll have better luck next month!
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                          So second game completed but I doubt if it is even for the unofficial rankings.
                          So what I said. But it wouldn't keep me from playing it a third time and of course posting it.

-Martin

Comment

• Just in time ...
                            Attached Files
                            Ludo ergo sum!

Comment

• Sorry:

Please sent my troops in the last arabian city.

Victory by bloodlust with 34895 points.

Jesper
                              Ludo ergo sum!

Comment

• Wow, excellent game, Jepser - I don't think I ever saw so many undersea cities or size 60 cities in one game before A pity you didn't have more time, in the extra 50 yours you might even have been able to cross the 40,000 point thresshold

Anyway, here's an update of the scores so far. Unless someone submits a game real soon it's also the final socre (with my game removed). The official ranking and a new tournament will be posted tomorrow or Monday (I have to work all day tomorrow so I'm not sure if I'll get around to it):
                                Code:
                                Endyear
                                -------

Rank   Player		Victory Type	Year	Points  Cities	 Pop	Advanc	Wonders	Feats	Last Research
                                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                 1   centrifuge		Diplomatic	 810 AD	 6,370	 16	 111	 21	 1	 2	Gunpowder
                                 2   Maquiladora	Diplomatic	 970 AD	 8,320	 18	 294	 38	 2	 3	Industrial Revol
                                 3   mnbryan37		Bloodlust	1290 AD	17,030	 22	 383	 37	10	 2	Economics
                                 4   Locutus (1)	Bloodlust	1505 AD	18,320	 48	 909	 44	12	 1	Oil Refining
                                 5   mapfi		Bloodlust	1550 AD	21,795	 55	1204	 58	17	 6	Jet Propulsion
                                 6   ETB		Bloodlust	2181 AD	19,500	 50 	1217	 59	13	 2	Modern Medicine	
                                 7   TheArsenal		Diplomatic	2218 AD	11,225	 33	 989	 50	 9	 1	Mass Media
                                 8   Jesper Portus	Bloodlust	2242 AD 34,895	 69	3684	104	31	11	-
                                 9   Shadow		Diplomatic	2291 AD 20,535	 40	 978	 78	14	 8	Nano-Assembly
                                10   Repistes		Bloodlust	2294 AD	30,445	 43	1473	 93	28	10	Cybernetics
                                11   Dread_Doomfist	Bloodlust	2299 AD	27,190	 40	1546	 90	27	 7	Ecotopia
                                12   Martin Gühmann	Bloodlust	2300 AD 28,055	 50	1961	 91	25	 9	Virtual Democracy

Endscore
                                --------

Rank   Player		Victory Type	Points	Year    Cities	 Pop	Advanc	Wonders	Feats	Last Research
                                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                 1   Jesper Portus	Bloodlust	34,895	2242 AD  69	3684	104	31	11	-
                                 2   Repistes		Bloodlust	30,445	2294 AD	 43	1473	 93	28	10	Cybernetics
                                 3   Martin Gühmann	Bloodlust	28,055	2300 AD  50	1961	 91	25	 9	Virtual Democracy
                                 4   Dread_Doomfist	Bloodlust	27,190	2299 AD	 40	1546	 90	27	 7	Ecotopia
                                 5   mapfi		Bloodlust	21,795	1550 AD	 55	1204	 58	17	 6	Jet Propulsion
                                 6   Shadow		Diplomatic	20,535	2291 AD  40	 978	 78	14	 8	Nano-Assembly
                                 7   ETB		Bloodlust	19,500	2181 AD	 50 	1217	 59	13	 2	Modern Medicine	
                                 8   Locutus (1)	Bloodlust	18,320	1505 AD	 48	 909	 44	12	 1	Oil Refining
                                 9   mnbryan37		Bloodlust	17,030	1290 AD	 22	 383	 37	10	 2	Economics
                                10   TheArsenal		Diplomatic	11,225	2218 AD	 33	 989	 50	 9	 1	Mass Media
                                11   Maquiladora	Diplomatic	 8,320	 970 AD	 18	 294	 38	 2	 3	Industrial Revol
                                12   centrifuge		Diplomatic	 6,370	 810 AD	 16	 111	 21	 1	 2	Gunpowder
                                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X