No announcement yet.

3rd Apolyton CtP2 SP Tournament: 1 August - 1 September 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just edit it down, its a bug with the forum.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

uh.... what's edit it down...
      edit: k...done
      Last edited by HuangShang; August 3, 2002, 15:31.

Comment

Well just so people dont have to scroll past it, just make it shorter, just put "DP" or something.

Or just leave it
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by HuangShang
          1. i don't have spies so i'm trying to threathen the Mayans to give me advances
          I am afraid that this won't help much, but once you have the tech...

2. i forgot to add that the arabs(light blue) conquered another nation
          Cool, but was it a big civ or just one of these newbe civs, I saw also a lot of them but in the end I just conquered one of them.

its amazing how you won already... i cant play for a while though
          Now I have some time but it requred two and a half day of playing, I think that were more than 20 hours. Now I can do some modding again. Actual the same thing again like in the last tournerment. But the cool thing was in comparision to the last tournerment that I saw some AIs trying conquering each other. (Also this happend in the late game when transport capacity increased.) That creates some atmosphere a feeling that you are not alone on this world.

Well just so people dont have to scroll past it, just make it shorter, just put "DP" or something.

Or just leave it
          Or use the long from: Double Post!

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

how do you do all that separated qoutes?

Originally posted by Martin G?mann
            I am afraid that this won't help much, but once you have the tech...

Cool, but was it a big civ or just one of these newbe civs, I saw also a lot of them but in the end I just conquered one of them.

But the cool thing was in comparision to the last tournerment that I saw some AIs trying conquering each other. (Also this happend in the late game when transport capacity increased.) That creates some atmosphere a feeling that you are not alone on this world.
            -Martin
            1. i know

2. oh yeah... there may have been more Mayan-like civs... so i may have over 6 enemies

3. hell yeah

Comment

how do you do all that separated qoutes?
              You could type every line by hand or use the copy and paste keys.

To copy a line just mark the line and press Ctrl + c then you go to a place where you want to have insert the line and press Ctrl + v. Of course if needed you can edit this line. By the way you can also copy and paste user names from the the side of the post in this way you can write the name correctly and you get also letters like ü.

Actual I started with quoting your post by pressing the quote button and use the copy and paste technique to split the huge quote in smaller parts.

2. oh yeah... there may have been more Mayan-like civs... so i may have over 6 enemies
              If you have the whole map then it shouldn't be a problem to see the whole map and you can find them, another way to find out if there are more little civs use the power graph on the side you find a list of all civs that are and were in the game.

3. hell yeah
              I thing last time it was worse. Just one more turn ....

-Martin

Comment

Took CTP II completely off my system and installed the Activision patch, Modswapper, Super Apolyton Pack 2, and Goodmod2.

I seem to be getting a lot of SLIC errors that're minimising the game. The only thing I recall (should start writing them down I guess...) is something about "can'tsleeponroad"... no idea what it means...

I can still just maximise the game again though so I'm getting through it slowly, it's just damn annoying. Anyone else having this problem?

Shadow
                3am...! Can't be, I just started...!
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Ahhh, my first Nuke!
                Now the fat lady's singin'...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow
                  Took CTP II completely off my system and installed the Activision patch, Modswapper, Super Apolyton Pack 2, and Goodmod2.

I seem to be getting a lot of SLIC errors that're minimising the game. The only thing I recall (should start writing them down I guess...) is something about "can'tsleeponroad"... no idea what it means...

I can still just maximise the game again though so I'm getting through it slowly, it's just damn annoying. Anyone else having this problem?

Shadow
                  To get rid of all the error messages, go to your userprofile.txt, open it with any text editor and find there the line DebugSlic=Yes. Change it to DebugSlic=No. Alternativly you can download these debugged slic files from the attachment and unzip them into your ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\ folder so that the existing files will be overwritten. Once you are in the game again open the chat window and enter /reloadslic slic. That will make most of the DebugSlic=Yes errors disappear. Occasional you will get some slic errors caused by the GM1_diplomod.slc. Note that I am not shure if the PlayerCityCount function does the same like player[0].cities as it should do, but in this way I was able to get rid of all the array index 0 out of bounce errors caused by the airunit.slc.

-Martin
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Martin Gühmann; August 5, 2002, 12:58.

Comment

Hey Martin,

Good job on the Mod, so far in my tourney game, things have been going very smooth(bug wise). The only slight problem that I encountered was when I took over an Arabian city that had copper within the city radius... it showed up in the trade screen for a turn, and then disappeared, and stayed gone. I stopped playing after several turns, and got back to my game a little later and it was back I don't know what the deal was. Any ideas?
                    Anyway, It was by no means a game breaker. I'm almost finished with the game. In case anyone's interested, I'm going the pacifist route this time ...

Comment

Maybe they were already trading the copper with someone else for a while?
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Thanks Martin, you were spot on.
                        I recall doing that before, simply forgot this time.

Cheers.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Ahhh, my first Nuke!

Comment

I take a stricter interpretation of the rules – I don’t replay any of my turns. I suppose that I would if the game crashed, but I haven’t crashed yet. But it’s already been mentioned before – we are in the tournament to have fun! I still need to get the Goodmod and the gamefile so I can start. How embarrassing that people are already finished and I have yet to begin!

Comment

I'm about to throw my damn monitor...!

Every 3 turns or so EVERY unit in all my cities automatically activates. I'm gunna go insane if it keeps doing this... it's driving me nuts!

Any ideas folks?
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            Ahhh, my first Nuke!

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                              Maybe they were already trading the copper with someone else for a while?

Maybe, but I don't recall any trade routes being visible

edit: any not ant
                              Last edited by centrifuge; August 7, 2002, 11:55.

Comment

Re: I'm about to throw my damn monitor...!

Originally posted by Shadow
                                Every 3 turns or so EVERY unit in all my cities automatically activates. I'm gunna go insane if it keeps doing this... it's driving me nuts!

Any ideas folks?
                                I have the same problem!
                                0 BC I have big problems with my war against the polynesians. But in three turns I will have gunpowder!

So long
                                Jesper Portus
                                Ludo ergo sum!

Comment

Working...
                                X