Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dale's Retirement.....

Hey guys!

I suppose the heading says it all. I'm announcing my retirement from CTP2. Though I suppose everyone figured this from my recent absence.

Anyways, I'd list reasons why I cannot play/MOD/participate anymore, but let's just say that Real Life is the cause. To cut it short, a few things in Real Life are starting to come to a head and I just simply don't have enough time for everything. Oh, it's nothing bad, so don't worry. It's all awesomely GOOD! But the simple fact is, I had to make a cut-back on time for some things, and CTP2 not being a major part of my life was one to be cut. I'll still pop in every so often, but I won't be the regular I used to be.

So in parting I want to thank everyone for the times, the fun, the chats, the arguements, and for playing and supporting my MODs. I really appreciate it from all of you.

In the future, if you see some alt-civ game for download by me, I'd be honored if you guys would play it and let me know what you think (though that's still about 12 months off).

So if I don't see you later, good afternoon, good evening and good night.

Ciao Dale. The CTP2 Forum won't be the same without you.

Good luck in your real-world endevours and we'll hopefully see you around from time to time.

Comment

Re: Dale's Retirement.....

Originally posted by Dale
      I suppose the heading says it all. I'm announcing my retirement from CTP2.
      Again

Sorry to see you leave, Dale. I hope you have time to stop in now and again to catch up on things, but good luck with everything.

I'll certainly download HoE when its released.

Adieu!
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

thank you for your work Dale!!

drop by whenever you can to tell us your news
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Bye Dale...your departure will be a big loss from these forums.GL and hf sir in real life.....
          I need Scooby Snacks.

Comment

I'm sorry to see you go Dale. Hopefully you'll on day come back.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Thanks all.

Comment

I hope you get back, Dale.

while you are not back, good luck with real-life.
                "Kill a man and you are a murder.
                Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
                Kill all and you are a God!"
                -Jean Rostand

Comment

Brave man, you don't give up do you? It will be interesting to see how long you can resist the Apolyton curse this time (You can join whenever you want, but you can never leave )

But thanks for all your work so far and good luck with your RL affairs.

Until we meet again...
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Bless bless

Farvel félagi

Sometime we will meet again on this mighty forums

Gangi þér vel með þitt ekta líf

When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

Well, this is sad news Dale. And after you had given me one of the biggest CTP2 surprises in a long time with WAW. Thanks for your work here and goodluck with your real-life ,It does tend to get in the way of simple CTP2 pleasure
                      (you can fight the pull, but you can't beat it)
                      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Shame.

But you went out with a big bang, thanks for the work. I applaud you off the pitch.
                        "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Dale...

My heart has grown heavy from the thought of your leaving us... you will be sorely missed. Your contributions have been priceless and beyond measure. I only hope that you will be able to return to us one day soon as we will certianly not be the same without you.

Take care of yourself and I truly hope that the "awesomely good" things that have come into your life will continue to grow and bless you... always.

Arktiem

Comment

Dale leaves
                            And returned properly seven months later. Long holiday.

/me is startled by the huge length of time he must have been posting here *
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat

* Immortal Wombat is startled by the huge length of time he must have been posting here *
                              Pah! Newbie
                              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X