Tile production questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tile production questions

I have a couple of questions on production from tiles.

1. Does the square where you build your city produce anything? If not, then I take it that it's a waste to put it on a good production square (say, with a river running through it) and better to put it on something that would produce less but have better defense.

2. If an enemy fortifies a unit on one of my production squares, does that limit production in the same way as in Civ1/Civ2?
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

1) City tiles automatically produce whatever resources are available, and auto upgrade tiles e.g road becomes railroad in the city square.

2) Aint got a clue. Although Ive got a fiver says productions reduced.

Comment

1. Yes, you get more production on that tile, you also get more food, and more gold.

2. I'm not sure, but I think they don't affect it. The best way to test this would be to use cheat mode and place a unit then look at the numbers before and after you place the unit.

Comment

1. Yes, you get more production on that tile, you also get more food, and more gold.

2. I'm not sure, but I think they don't affect it. The best way to test this would be to use cheat mode and place a unit then look at the numbers before and after you place the unit.

Comment

Working...
        X