Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods - Help Me!

Just a quick question regarding mods.

I've never used a mod for any game before so I don't really know what I'm doing

I currently have CTP2, completely unmodified.

I am currently downloading "apolyton_1.01.zip" from http://www.apolyton.net/ctp2/

When it's downloaded, how do I get the thing to work (I tried once before and it didn't work - I reinstalled the game).

Do I need to download anything else?

Thanks,
    Ollie

Read the readme, all you need to know should be in there.

By memory I'd say you need to first download and install the Modswapper utility (I think it's in the same file database where you got the Apolyton pack). Then you need to unzip the mod to the base CtP2 folder (FE C:\Program Files\Activision\Call to Power 2) using a unzip program that can handle folders (FE WinZip, but there are others). If your unzip program doesn't support folders, it will place all files it the aforementioned base folder rather than in it's subfolders, making them impossible to find for Modswapper and the game itself. Once this is done you can play the game by starting modswapper and selecting the Apolyton Pack.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Firstly you need to install the CTPII patch v1.11. You can download this from the CTPII page. If this isn't installed no mods will work. Then follow Locutus' instructions.
      Waiting on a Sunday afternoon, for what I read between the lines, your lies. Feelin' like a hand in rusted shame, so do you laugh or does it cry, reply?

Comment

A resume:

1) Install CTP2 patch v1.1.
        If you have a problem with it see the thread Help w/ Patch in thus foum

2) Instal Modswapper

3) Unzip the mod you want in the CTP2 base directory(probably the one Locutus said).
        "Kill a man and you are a murder.
        Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
        Kill all and you are a God!"
        -Jean Rostand

Comment

i downloaded eveythnig but have one problem my comp wont let me unzip things. i dont have winzip and dont know of any programs that would work i know pendrunn knows because he has answered all of my questions well

Comment

MaglevMan:
            Try Winzip, downloadable for here:

WinZip ensures safety and peace of mind with easy-to-use encryption capabilities to secure personal data, passwords, and sensitive information.

Comment

Working...
            X