No announcement yet.

CTPII Succession Game; The second go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vivala, you have the right to play for 20 turns if you wish to make up for the 5 turns unplayed by Adam.

(You could make this interesting in the transcript by invoking some political coup to explain how you took power).
    My Reach always exceeds my Grasp...

Comment

Any room for another player? This concept seems rather interesting.

Give us a buzz, arb77@optushome.com.au

Cheers.
      Waiting on a Sunday afternoon, for what I read between the lines, your lies. Feelin' like a hand in rusted shame, so do you laugh or does it cry, reply?

Comment

Skeeve,

Sorry I hadn't realized this before, but the email address I use is AdamBRobinson@yahoo.com. Sorry if this has caused any problems, damned Norton2000 email antivirus software is a bit** to fix!

Thanks again,

Adam Robinson
        I use to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

Comment

I vote we be Irish for the next game Well Northern Irish but theres only so far we can take things....

Dave
          Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Comment

Hey Rooboy what are you doing in melb, ie what are you, a student, bum, profession ....?

I'm at melb uni .... just wondering Aabout a fellow melbournian .......

Comment

Welcome aboard Rooboy! I've added you to the list of players waiting for the next game.

Here is a current update of new players as of 5/8/2001:
              • 1) tedwright@email.msn.com
              • 2) Mokael - Mokael@aol.com
              • 3) TR|X - mikemcgowan@btinternet.com
              • 4) Redstar1 - david.archibald@btinternet.com
              • 5) David Murray - david@windygates.com
              • 6) Vilius - ctp@vilius.com
              • 7) Jackazzstudent - AdamBRobinson@yahoo.com
              • 8) me_irate - me_irate@hotmail.com
              • 9) Darkknight - Gondhi_dm@hotmail.com.
              • 10) bj - blakjack@planetquake.com
              • 11) rooboy - arb77@optushome.com.au

Good news for me, by the way: I've finished my final exam paper!!!

Look for a new thread on this board by 5/9 (a little later for you Aussies - sorry, is Aussie pejorative? ), which will detail things to vote on for next game.

- Skeeve
              Edit: Fixed Jackazzstudent's e-mail address.
              ------------------
              My reach exceeds my grasp!
              [This message has been edited by Skeeve (edited May 08, 2001).]

Comment

As Aebbeka dies of a "splitting headache" prematurely, VivalaCTP2 once again ascends the presidentship of our mighty nation.

Two events mark the reign as significant:

Complete and utter anhiliation of the Germans.

The discovery and consequential initiation of a democratic government.

the next few players need to note this:

I have established good relationships with the Irish because i checked out the science stats and they lead the way. At the moment we can't get an embassy because they have the forbidden city, but in 3 goes we discover railroad which obsoletes it. then we must get a research pact with them (they love us now because of certain donations ...) this will get our discoveries alot quicker. I have noted in the past that at the start (say first 15 goes or so) every time you ask for an advance they counter with huge amounts of money. after this initial period they then give you all the advances you request for free, so be patient don't waste money and make sure some one gets that pact!!! (I've invested gold in it ....).

May Prime Minister VivalaCTP2 be remembered for his mighty military leadership ..

BTW whoever built all those ships was out of control, they are a waste and production should be going into city improvements. I disbanded about 5 longships but we still have a few carracks to do any military transportation. We now have 23 cities.

[This message has been edited by VivalaCTP2 (edited May 09, 2001).]

Comment

1000AD - 1200AD above
                  [This message has been edited by VivalaCTP2 (edited May 09, 2001).]

Comment

1000AD - 1200AD

As Aebbeka dies of a "splitting headache" prematurely, VivalaCTP2 once again ascends the presidentship of our mighty nation.

Two events mark the reign as significant:

Complete and utter anhiliation of the Germans.

The discovery and consequential initiation of a democratic government.

the next few players need to note this:

I have established good relationships with the Irish because i checked out the science stats and they lead the way. At the moment we can't get an embassy because they have the forbidden city, but in 3 goes we discover railroad which obsoletes it. then we must get a research pact with them (they love us now because of certain donations ...) this will get our discoveries alot quicker. I have noted in the past that at the start (say first 15 goes or so) every time you ask for an advance they counter with huge amounts of money. after this initial period they then give you all the advances you request for free, so be patient don't waste money and make sure some one gets that pact!!! (I've invested gold in it ....).

May Prime Minister VivalaCTP2 be remembered for his mighty military leadership ..

BTW whoever built all those ships was out of control, they are a waste and production should be going into city improvements. I disbanded about 5 longships but we still have a few carracks to do any military transportation. We now have 23 cities.

Comment

• Vivala,

I think your posting is out of control

I believe Wombat was the navy culprit...He didn't say he produced that many...did he?

Sean.

Oh, yeah, btw, No more Germans? Excellent.

Well done everybody.
                      [This message has been edited by Sean (edited May 09, 2001).]
                      "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
                      --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

• Heh heh,
                        I think it's kind of funny that we had an eccentric leader along the way who loved ships! Anyway, disbanding what someone else created is totally your perogative. You can do anything you want in your 15 turns. Well, I wouldn't advise giving away all our cities.. but I bet we could still recover from that considering how dumb the AI is.

------------------
                        My reach exceeds my grasp!

Comment

• Re your question, VivalaCTP2, I'm a sales rep.
                          What r u studying at melb uni?

I also vote we play as the Irish!!

[This message has been edited by rooboy (edited May 09, 2001).]
                          Waiting on a Sunday afternoon, for what I read between the lines, your lies. Feelin' like a hand in rusted shame, so do you laugh or does it cry, reply?

Comment

• quote:

Originally posted by Sean on 05-09-2001 05:40 AM
                            I believe Wombat was the navy culprit...He didn't say he produced that many...did he?

That would be me

The longships were mostly not mine though, only a couple that got built accidentally in the southern sea and are no longer needed, but hey, how else was I going to get Baltimore? The northern fleet I will not apologise for. I take responsibility for 4 SOTL, 2 Carracks, and a longship that I moved south to help transfer troops, but did not build.

Humph. I'm going to build a great navy as Wombat III as well, so we better have Battleships by then

Ben
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• By the way the things are going I think you (an me) wont be able to play other turn, it'll finish before

Comment

• I'm studying comm/sci, rooboy, want to change to com /law next year, I'm currently in 2nd year.

Yeah, sorry everyone about the multi posting, my computer (or server) or this site or something kept crashing so I wanted to make sure my post went up .....

Yeah, the carracks were good for me to take over the German continent but you only need two at the most, its not like theres gonna be alot of opposition and production can be used elsewhere, did everyone take note of my diplomacy tactics? (I gave 2000 in gold to the Irish to make them like us so someone better get that research pact) ....

Comment

Working...
                                X