Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by Skeeve on 04-25-2001 07:37 PM
    As requested, I am sending out the current e-mails of players. Check your e-mails.
    We are back down to 9 players because Smellymummy has decided to drop out and wait for a round #2.

Skeeve, like I mentioned in the email, what about berXpert? wasn't he supposed to be in too?

------------------
    phoenixcager of the Civgaming Network.
    Visit the CGN forums.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the info Johnny.

------------------
      DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
      DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
      EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
      AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

Comment

Yes, Well Done Jonny! Soon those pesky Americans will regret the day they unpacked their stone knives and bear skins on our continent!

quote:

2325 BC - In this year, the Americans build a new city, named New York, right next to a group of our warriors. The warriors destroy New York.

I laughed out loud when I read this line. It just struck me as very funny for some reason.
        New York in founded and then destroyed immediately. Pretty sad fate for a city of such potential!

Keep it up guys, this is going great, and as Jackazzstudent above mentioned, quite entertaining!

- Skeeve

------------------
        My reach exceeds my grasp!
        My Reach always exceeds my Grasp...

Comment

The REIGN form 1300 BC to 900 BC

VivalaCTP2 Apolyton (VI) ascends the mighty throne of the Greeks and His Greatness is indeed honoured to share the rule with such worthy compatriots, those rulers who have gone before Him. They’re memory and patriachal contribution to Greek life as it stands so far will be indelibly etched in the hearts of generations to come ……

1300 BC Public works has been reduced from 30% to 10% as production capacity is very important at this time. Rations and wages are still at a minimum and work hours are at a maximum.

1260 BC Isabella Gregory has completed the Chichen Itza, the first other civ to build a wonder. As our mighty army of conquerors turns its eyes to the thriving city of Boston, it comes across an American settler and accompanying hoplite. Needless to say, they horribly mutilated in the ensuing battle which lasted all of 5 seconds as a deadly hail of arrows struck them to the ground. Our army moves forward, ever closer to its target …… Onward to Boston!

1240 BC The Germans have begun pillaging our farms in the vicinity of Philadelphia. As Apolyton VI consults his diplomacy council he finds they have declared war on our mighty nation. We are now at war in the east and in the north!
          A unit of hoplites is offloaded of our exploring coracle to enter and reveal the German occupied northern continent.

1220 BC Our exploring hoplite has entered an empty village and found 180 gold! The coracle continues on its quest to circumnavigate the globe.

1200 BC A settler has been trained in Philadelphia. He starts off to the east in search of fertile land.

1100 BC Our scientists discover iron working!!! We know have the knowledge to train samurai and consequently all orders are changed in city queues to build this great type of warrior.

The last 100 years have been spent doing two main things: developing the infrastructure of our empire through the construction of roads connecting Philadelphia, Sparta and Washington. Also, the great army has been waiting outside the walls of Boston while large numbers of reinforcements arrive, just in case of stiff opposition.

1060 – 1040 BC FOW!!!!!! Our humble navy has circumnavigated the globe and we now have an extra movement point for all seafaring vessels for the next 25 turns.

The Battle of Boston: Our army consists of 7 hoplites and 5 archers. They encounter 7 archers and 2 hoplites within strong city walls. Apolyton VI thinks about retreating but decides that it is not something such a great leader should do and so he watches in anguish as the army is destroyed, although it takes 2 US hoplites and 1 archer with it. The reinforcements move up for the next turn. They consist of 1 warrior, 5 archers and 4 hoplites. After some more heavy casualties we succeed in taking the city.

1020 BC The city of Olympia is founded to the east of Philadelphia, nestled in fertile grasslands to the north and forest to the south.

920 BC Our magnificence manifests itself in the completion of The Pyramids. we now have a regular income to ensure strong science research in the future.

Granary is rush bought (600 gold) for Olympia to encourage quicker growth.

900 BC No one unprovokedly declares war on our nation without paying for it. The last 100 years have been spent assembling an army of 4 hoplites and 2 samurai for a northern conquest into Germanic lands. As He lies on his deathbed, Apolyton VI issues the orders to attack Essenheim. The successful capture of the city fails to reach our leader as he passes away quietly in his sleep.

Much has been achieved in this era: the Greeks are on the verge of discovering horse riding, their navy has established itself, transportation is much quicker, cities have been overtaken and formed, exploration both at sea and in distant lands has expanded our maps and the Americans are almost dead. May the memory of VivalaCTP2 live forever in the hearts and minds of His successors.

Comment

Sorry double post
            [This message has been edited by VivalaCTP2 (edited April 26, 2001).]

Comment

Just a quick point;

Wonder info is NEED TO KNOW, and we all need to know. Tell us if you start one, so it isn't a surprise. And tell us if there is a race on. We won't be able to get them all, but with the quick building of the first one, and the conquest of the Germans and Americans to come, we should be in a postion to get damn near all of them.

PS, Another great effort from the latest two Apolytons!!
              "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
              --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Special Note:

I forgot to include Berxpert@yahoo.com.mx in my e-mail coorespondance.
                Rhuarc, if you are next, please send the file to him when you are done, and after Berxpert is finished we are back to "Top of the Order"!

Comment

Any body have the list of e-mails addresses? can I I have my own copy?

Thank you.

Comment

And so...

The long lost history of the reign of Immortal Wombat has been recovered! An archaelogical triumph akin to the Dead Sea Scrolls!

Comment

Indeed. Sorry about that, I was a bit rushed yesterday, and didn't have time to play and post. I figured 24 hours wouldn't hurt

Ben
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

First, I want to say how great of a job the most recent Apolytons are doing at conquering the Americans. Now, I have a question. In vivalaCTP2's post, he mentioned that he captured Boston and that the Americans are almost dead. Do we know where their last city(cities) is? I was just curious about how long it would take to finish them off.

Jonny

Comment

Johnny, i think the yanks have one city left, just a small one, we haven't discovered it yet but it should be to the norh east of Boston somewhere i think...

Everyone: I didn;t start a new wonder, just completed the pyramids, there was no race on when i finished .... the chichen itza was completed by the irisah and the irish are looking very stron but i'm sure that they are no match for the mighty greeks

Comment

My Fellow Apolytons... I apologize, that I haven't kept better track of the current player list of e-mails. To prevent further confusion, would anyone object to me posting the official list here? The reason I ask is that some of you do not wish your e-mails publicized. Therefore, I will wait and see if there are any objections before doing so.

Comment

Flipping heck, 18 hours away from my PC, and already Apolyton VI and VII have posted their reigns

I never got to account for my reign. (which I think was shorter than everyone elses too, bit rushed for time )

Anyway:

2000BC
                              The research was changed to Ballistics to provide some support for our hoplite army.
                              Phillidelphia commissioned a new hoplite to aid in the great Greco-American war.

1980 - 1960BC
                              The long march to Washington continues from 3 sides
                              In 1860BC I was offered a cease-fire by the American leader George Washington. Naturally my first thought was to refuse, but instead I counterd their proposal, insisting that if they wanted peace, they would have to submit Washinton to my rule. They refused, and the war continues.

Corinth completes another hoplite unit.
                              I increase the PW to 30% to speed up the time needed to get enough stored to build some mines.

1920BC
                              The Philidelphian hoplite joins my warrior army.

1880BC
                              The hoplites from the south and west meet in the mountain range to the south of Washington DC

1860BC
                              A coracle is complete in Sparta - It begins to explore the northern coast with a hoplite on board as shore-crew.
                              Phillidelphia begins city walls.

1840BC
                              The coracle continues north, and the army is almost complete, just south of Washington.

1820BC
                              In my to-be-last acts as emperor, I move my hoplite army together to form a 50,000-strong host at the gates of Washington DC, and select Jurispudence as the next advance to aspire to.
                              Apolyton VI will have (has) the ability to build the new "archer" unit to aid our long war against America...
                              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Just a quick note to my fellow rulers;

I received a copy of the file from berXpert this evening (NZ time). I have played my 20 turns, and passed the file onto Jeff (Skeeve). Round two has begun!!! But it seems our quickness in playing the game is not matched by a similar speed in the posting of the transcipts. As such, I will wait until the other two players (Rhuarc and berXpert) to post their accounts, before posting mine. I assume this should be completed within 24hrs

Keep it up guys!
                                Sean.

------------------
                                Give me Liberty, or give me death!
                                "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
                                --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Working...
                                X