No announcement yet.

CTPII Succession Game; The second go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have become extremely busy lately and am going to have to drop out of this game. Sorry! The game has been forwarded to Vivala.
    Where are you from? Put yourself on the Apolyton Map!

Comment

• Hey Skeeve/sean,

Does that mean I get 30 turns ?????

Comment

• Cheers

Comment

• Pretty treacherous...that one....
          PHOENIXCAGER
          The Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

• Well, I have no objections if no one else does.
            Of course, that means you'll have a lot of writing to do....

(Oh, by the way, we are supposed to be down to 10 turns each, so technically you would have 20 turns).

Have fun with it.

Immortal Wombat: By the way, I loved the "Wombat Maneuver"!

My Reach always exceeds my Grasp...

Comment

• Reign of Apolyton 27: 1700 AD to 1740 AD

1702: Discover Global Eco
              1704: take Sioux
              1708: discover computer; FOW to be the first, increase in science
              take mohawk
              1710: take Iroquois
              1714: massive invasion of the english mainland (its very hard to establish a foothold on the English stronghold continent. 7 fully packed troop ships take part, 6 bombers cover the landing
              1716: take Navajo
              1720: after much bloodshed around and in the city, Liverpool is finally conquered.
              1732: FOW for many computer centres, not bad considering we only discovered the advance a few turns ago, as soon as we did BTW, I appended computer centres to every build queue. London the capital is taken.
              1740: Birmingham is taken.

We are over limit of cities by 3 so we need to get a new government as soon as the advance comes along ....

Comment

• Hey Guys. Good stuff.

It seems I can access the site from uni!!! I have incredibly slow ping times from home that seems to be the problem. There is a bottle neck between my home pc and Apolytons somewhere

Now that I have remembered my password I can even post from uni.
                "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
                --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

• Okay, I like the new forum upgrade, but I don't know how to put an image next to my name. How did you guys do that?

Comment

• Dunno Skeeve, I tried, and ended up with a really large picture under my post
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Well, I figured it out now.
                      I chose the Airship because it reminds me of the old Commodore-64 version of Ultima IV - when I finally found the Hot Air Balloon and traveled the world by air for the first time!

For some reason that was so much fun way back when.

Comment

• I don't seem to remember an airship in Civ2, was this a later patch?
                        Anyway, I'll be getting a CTP one once Markos gets them, and then a little wombat once I reach the golden 1000 posts
                        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• I'm almost absolutely sure that the airship was in one of the scenarios that came with the Fantastic Worlds expansion pack for CIV II.

Jonny

Comment

• Ah that would be it. I never actually bought the game, just installed my friend's copy, and never bothered to get any expansions, patches, CDs for it.

Maybe I should have if it has an airship in

Comment

• Just for everyone's information, I am going to play my 10 turns tonight. Just wanted to let you guys know I'm still alive and playing!
                              DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
                              EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
                              AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

Comment

• This is the account of Apolyton XXVIII also known as Rhuarc III:

1742 - We capture the english city of York

1744 - Supersonic Flight is discovered. Work is begun on Conservation to lower pollution. We continue to harrass the English and the few remaining cities of the North Americans.

1746 - North Americans from Seminole try to attack our scouts, but fail. We capture their city of Seminole. We also overcome English from Manchester and claim it as our own.

1748 - Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control, we lose the city of Navajo.

1750 - We take the English city of Canterbury with minimal resistance.

1752 - We discover Conservation. Begin researching Advanced Composites.
                                Capture the English city of Cheyenne.

1758 Lose Stuttgart to a machine gunner who was brought in by troop ship.

1760 - Rhuarc III dies of a stress induced heart attack after a decade of capturing and losing cities.
                                DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
                                EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
                                AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X