Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improvements

Unlike CTP1, in CTP2 you must have certain improvement in a city before you can build some other improvements. For example, you cannot build Nuclear Plant unless you have oil Refinery. I think this is stupid b/e sometimes I dont want to generate as much pollution but i want to increase the production output in a city, so that i can build units faster. Can anyone explain???

[This message has been edited by leonli316 (edited March 04, 2001).]
    leonli316

What's to explain? That's just the way Activision did it

------------------
    "We don't know a millionth of one percent about anything."
    -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Yes, i know is a ActionVision business, but it doesn't make sense. I mean in real life, cities can build nuclear plant without oil refinery. Don't you think the company should make the game somewhat more realistic?
      [This message has been edited by leonli316 (edited March 05, 2001).]
      leonli316

Comment

I agree Leonli,
        but it seems that asking Activision to put realism in their games is a lot like asking Bill Clinton to be honest.
        My Reach always exceeds my Grasp...

Comment

Then I will have to modify the game myself... So far i only have a downloaded copy of CTP2 and it crash everytime when i try to modify. After i played for few weeks, i dont think is worth the money to buy the game for $59.99 since there are so much things doesnt make sence, it does not support mutiplayer , and AI is too stupid . I would rather play CTP1 and Civ2 with my friends on the net. I may consider buying the game if ActionVision modify it or is at $9.99 .

[This message has been edited by leonli316 (edited March 07, 2001).]
          leonli316

Comment

I know what you mean.
            I paid $49.99 for CTP2.. and I think I got gipped. However, I had already played Civ2 to DEATH, so I was desperate.

(I had also played Heroes of Might and Magic III to death)

-- Skeeve

------------------
            My reach exceeds my grasp!
            My Reach always exceeds my Grasp...

Comment

Working...
            X