When will they ever attack ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will they ever attack ??

Seeing as I get a science handicap at the beginning of my Very Hard games, I often find myself one step behind the more "peaceful" AI civs that are maxing out their science.

So I crank up military production, set up border forts between cities to stop enemy slavers, diplos, etc etc sneaking and to spot incomings from these technologically superior civs.........and then get bored waiting for them to ever attack !

This game is getting easy. Crank out warriors, hoplites and archers to start and stomp your nearest enemy early, then settle like crazy. Apart from the occasional wandering unit or naval skirmish no-one bothers to fight me until I march my armies through the AI's heartlands. Shame.

What the... are you sure???? Haven't you heard about the legendary prowess of the CTP2 AI yet??? It'll have you scratching your head in puzzlement, trying desperately to discern what the hell it REALLY has planned... You can bet ir's something sinister... Or... well... something anyways...

Comment

You've described my play sequence exactly, i.e., Take over your continent w/ Hoplites & Archers, then clean up the rest of the map when you get some decent transport ships. In a game against 5 AI, I only had a city attacked once and I was able to take it back one turn later. Haven't tried the Frenzy mod, though. Have you?

------------------
      "Living thing = autonomous agent = autocatalytic molecular set capable of completing a thermogenic work cycle" -- Stuart Kauffman (paraphrased)
      "Living thing = autonomous agent = autocatalytic molecular set capable of completing a thermogenic work cycle" -- Stuart Kauffman (paraphrased)

Comment

Just like CTP I, after you reach a certain power threshhold, no action and no struggle. The worst is finding yourself isolated on an island. Yawn...

Comment

Not tried the Frenzy Mod yet, but will soon :-)

As for getting stuck on an island, I find the only way to get the AI to engage you is to start settling on continents where they are already based.......I always look to occupy any vacuum I find and constantly have longships (early on) carrying a knight on board exploring the uncharted waters. The knight can then disembark, quickly explore (and collect any goodies from ruins) and return to the longship.

I wish I had the time for multiplayer.......

Comment

yeah, i compeletely agree with you Tusky.

I still have the same problem, although currently i'm playing my second game. AI is lacking of aggressiveness, it just boosts production and building up naval units with no reason.

i see AI is very well at defending their cities by placing armies to strategic locations just like roads to city and bottlenecks around its cities but thats all. Player just have to kill those one by one and then victory is yours.. no new reinforcements arrive nor a huge army hit you from where you dont expect.. i think old civ. did that though, i remember tons of units striking my cities in ctp1, am i wrong? ctp2 screwed in here.

Shortly AI doesnt know how to hit where it hurts, and except some shiny little improvements, ctp1 had better interface and fun.

without good, no evil
            without one, no all
            without desire, no need

Comment

Tusky, to answer your original question...The AIs will NEVER attack...unless you use the Frenzy Mod - which I believe is your only hope if you wish to get involved in an actual war and not a "staring contest" with the various AIs.

Comment

Had some luck in getting attacked once but I didn't happen since, it was on hard mode
                YEAH! REJOICE!! Since South Africa was given the black rule by the jews, 3% of white population has been slaughtered by the down trodden race.

Comment

Working...
                X