Poll: Whats your System Spec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Whats your System Spec?

Since I thought as time has passed many CtPers have upgraded their PCs (at least I have) and I would like to know a general overview of what is the average "Ctp-Gaming" PC (maybe this helps Activision to set the minimum-requirement).

I have an Athlon 800 with 128 Megs of RAM (will be 256 soon), GeForce DDR

Please just state the PC that you plan to install CtP2 on (if at all, but,.... you would plan to install CtP2 then)

ATa

edit: forgot to mention video card
    [This message has been edited by Atahualpa (edited November 03, 2000).]

600 MHz Celeron
    64 MB RAM
    Intel i740 graphic card with 8 MB RAM
    [This message has been edited by Tiberius (edited November 03, 2000).]
    "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
    --George Bernard Shaw
    A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
    --Woody Allen

Comment

I know it's not so good, and I problaby have to upgrade it , but this is what I have:

Pentium II 266 Mhz
      96 MB RAM

------------------
      Who am I? What am I? Do we need Civ? Yes!!
      birteaw@online.no
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

PII 350 Mhz
        64 Mg Ram

and I'm not upgrading for CTP2. It better work...

BTW, doesn't it just tick you off that your computer becomes obsolete the minute you buy it???
        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
        ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

K6-2 350 w/ 64 megs of RAM

if I install CTP2 at all.

------------------
          Big Dave

Fool me once, shame on you.
          Fool me twice, shame on me!

(I really hate typos!)
          [This message has been edited by Big Dave (edited November 03, 2000).]
          Any flames in this message are solely in the mind of the reader.

Comment

Athlon 500Mhz, 128Mb RAM, Creative TNT-2 Ultra 32MB

Comment

Celeron 300/ 64 meg w/8 meg video RAM
              ==========================
              www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

Athlon 550Mhz, 256Mb RAM, Creative GeForce 256.

If that hadn't been enough to play CTP2, I would bought a new computer
                aCa (a Civilization addict)

Comment

Sigh. I have a P2-266 with 128 meg; it was the hottest thing I could find when I bought it. Now, Mattel is offering "Barbie" and "Hot Wheels"-themed kids' computers that are twice as fast, for a fraction of what I paid.

I won't be able to upgrade for a while, either, so I'm curious to see whether my dinosaur will make for dumb AI...
                  Lev Koszegi

Comment

Cyrix 300Mhz, 96 MB Ram. Will be getting a 16MB Video card which will help alot. Also adding Ram as I can afford it. I had problems with CTP1 before I added a second hard drive. When I was below 100MB available the game would hang and sometimes crash.
                    "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Anybody with a PII300 or higher should be happy I guess. Though I think the key is RAM. Thats why I will upgrade to 256. 64 RAM is playable, but I wouldnt go beyond that. I also have a P133 with 32 RAM (and thats a RAM of '95 ) and I really wouldnt recommend playing CtP there. Even on a P200 with 64 RAM it wasnt very funny. But this was more to the CPU. 64 meg is playable, if you have a good CPU to back it up. A PII should do I think.

lev, the good thing is that you have 128 meg!

ATa

Comment

PII 450Mhz o/c to ~500Mhz, 256Mb ram, 12Mb VoodooII and 16Mb Tnt video, Live! audio - and a GeForce II 64Mb on the way (ooohhh i cant wait for the new vidoe card ...the VoodooII looks so blocky on a 21" triniton )

Comment

Just upgrading for Christmas;

In the next 2 weeks, we shall be getting;

An Athlon Thunderbird 1.2G (waiting on a 760 chipset mobo to put it on, with 384Meg DDR RAM)

also

An O/C'ed Athlon Duron 800 at 1G with 256 Meg RAM on a KT7RAID

Comment

P3-667, 256 MB, Nvidia Riva TNT2 (32 MB)

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by TheLimey on 11-03-2000 02:15 PM
                              In the next 2 weeks, we shall be getting;

An Athlon Thunderbird 1.2G (waiting on a 760 chipset mobo to put it on, with 384Meg DDR RAM)

Lucky bastard!

Comment

Working...
                              X