Messages that don't make sense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messages that don't make sense

I think it's due to the fact that I installed the patch and then loaded a saved game from before the patch. However, lately, I've been getting messages that consists of one word or a phrase that doesn't even make sense. Like when I switched to Virtual Democracy, all it said was ", though we hope for a peaceful future", with the comma. One msg I've been getting repeatedly was "low". And there's this one where it says "they insist" and then a choice of "let them stay" or "accept". Is anyone experiencing this? I like this game and I don't want to loose it, is there any way for me to fix these messages?

From another thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum35/HTML/000728.html

quote:

I didn't actually try this yet, but I think you can use your old savegames by opening the chat window (with the '-key) and typing "/reloadslic" (without the quotes), after loading the savegame.

I've heard that this may help. Not sure about your specific problem , though.

Also, Ezekiel[VXesJ] seems to have experienced similar problems. See this thread : http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum35/HTML/000715-2.html

------------------
    phoenixcager
    ------------------
    of the the Civilization Gaming Network. Visit the CGN Forums
    [This message has been edited by phoenixcager (edited January 29, 2001).]

Comment

hey What would you expect a message to say "turn me off so i can sleep" you gotta understand your cpu.

bye the way imgod2u......your name is very offensive god will punish you !

-------------
      'Join into the chosen'

warrior4christ

Comment

where does that put me?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by OmniGod on 02-01-2001 09:26 PM
          where does that put me?

We knew you were evil anyways mate.

------------------
          Author of Diplomod. The mod to fix diplomacy.

Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."

Comment

Working...
          X