Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by kabouki on 12-19-2000 11:06 PM

I support the need for a better "Leave my lands" treaty, I asked for other civ's to leave my lands, they accepted but their units kept their positions on the next turn... asked them again to leave , they accepted... but they don't leave ... well sometimes they do... but usually they don't, the only way to stop the trespass is to deal the situation acordingly ... eheh with brute force, by declaring war and killing everybody.... of course with a diplomatic penalty . The 3 turns thing someone proposed in this thread should be fine.

By,:*

I have this problem as well. I had the North Americans sending in transport ships and just dropping units which would sit on my land. They wouldn't pillage or anything. Just sit. So, I asked them to withdraw using the 'Friendly/Equal' tone of voice. They accepted the proposal. I waited a few turns, but they didn't move. I asked again, using the friendly tone, then in successive turns, kept asking, making my tone more hostile. They always accepted, and they never left. I finally declared war and blew the units off my land. Maybe we need a United Nations to enforce peacekeeping

Ray

"Nature abhors a moron." -- H. L. Mencken

Comment

f2 live it learn it. Red letters cities are about to revolt. fix it before it happens. empty is no production.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by FALVES on 12-19-2000 07:45 PM
        It's just much of a drag trying to find the city (or citys) with the yellow letters in a gigantic map.

quote:

open up the national manager and see which city has "empty" in the column showing what it is building.

It still isn't the same, is it? But thank you for your attention anyway.
        By the way, I just realised there's no option to see the wonders movies in full screen!

P.S: Hey kabouki, nice to see a homy around here!
        [This message has been edited by FALVES (edited December 20, 2000).]

Comment

Quick note to Pyaray .. Thanks for the "ESCAPE MENU" info .. shame on me, I don't read manuals

------------------
          "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon
          "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by RayvenWolfe on 12-20-2000 05:36 AM
            Maybe we need a United Nations to enforce peacekeeping

I Can't believe there is no United Nations wonder in this game - If there was, it could work the same way it does in real life - Keep the nations from going to war. Now i know everyone loves to attack and destroy. Just cause someone built the UN wonder doesnt mean you cant be at war, maybe there could be something you gotta build in order to bypass the UN's regulations - like an international diplomat or something...or create some sorta law to be able to bypass the regulations.
            If you dont like that last idea, the UN (once it has been completed) could simply ask every nation to sign a treaty with everyone they are at war with, and if they refuse to sign a treaty, everyone's regards for them goes down drastically - kinda like the situation with Iraq. And also if they declare war while the UN is present...everyone's regard towards them goes down drastically.
            Now you might think this takes all the fun and all the war outta the game - but it really adds a sense of realism into the game.....in real history when the UN was created, there was no tolerance for war.

[This message has been edited by ElitePersian (edited December 21, 2000).]

Comment

Since I don't have CtP II yet, I don't know if this is an issue anymore, but...

In CtP I, there were massive problems when I tried to use scenarios written in a different language. Specifically, I had the German version of the game, and I couldn't get English-language scenarios to work.

If this has been fixed in CtP II, then I'm extatic. Otherwise, perhaps this could be solved with a future patch...

Comment

I think it is all down to playing style but CtP2 seems to have lost a lot of the in-your-face 'Duh!' codes that made previous versions so easy to play. Nothing in the build queue? The game points you at the city before you can end turn. Pollution? The game shows you the tile that has been polluted. Terraforming complete? The engineer is ready for a new task (from Civ2). Revolt brewing? You're pointed at the city in time to avert disaster.

Taking all this away and hiding everything in miniscule little messages under a control tab with tiny brown icons that are hard to decipher just isn't a step forward in my book. Having to open the national manager every turn to search for empty queues and low morale isn't an improvement (and we know the mayors can't be trusted to do a good job.) I was hoping for a slick, polished and challenging game. At the moment it only barely manages to be polished. Unless a patch improves the challenge or just makes winning smooth and easy I'll be retiring CtP2 to the cupboard very soon. I write too much code during the day to want to start on Slic in the evenings....
                To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                H.Poincaré

Comment

I just wanna tell that I agree on these improvements.

The feeling in Civ1 when you completes a city improvement/wonder were outstanding, the feeling in Civ2 were good but not as good as Civ1. This would make the game funnier. It would be a kind of award when you accomplish something in your city.

quote:

Originally posted by Atahualpa on 12-18-2000 06:32 PM
                  For the next patch (if there is one) I would like to see following list:

* Added a better feeling when you have achieved something. We found out simple text boxes were not enough. For example you get graphical notification when you got an advance (like in Civ1) and when you conquered a city (like in Civ1).

ATa
                  [This message has been edited by Atahualpa (edited December 18, 2000).]

Why should the present pay attention to he who always toys with the future?

Comment

I installed this patch, and it doesn't do half of what it says it does!!!

There is NO auto-centering. Not for special attacks, not for bombardment. I can't play this game like this!!! Not knowing who is bombarding me where is extremely frustrating and I can't and won't play CTP2 until this gets fixed!!!

Hopefully one of you guys will come back and tell me I just have to toggle a switch in a txt file somewhere. Shame on Activision for saying a patch will do something it absolutely doesn't.

Oh, btw, the Activison support site also says we get hotseat play. Well, we don't.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Atahualpa on 12-18-2000 06:32 PM
                      For the next patch (if there is one) I would like to see following list:

* Fixed AI so that it outsmarts any human player on impossible difficult setting
                      * Fixed Messageinterface so that the message open function is a toggle between open and close. Left click opens, left click closes, left click opens...... . Right click deletes is untouched.
                      * Fixed ZoomEye so that the zoomed city gets selected instead of just centering the map
                      * Fixed general AI behaviour so that it reacts more on dangers. For example threatening him with lots of subs and being a real pain in the ass causes the AI to build counter-sub units. Or bombarding one and the same city for more than 5 turns with Stealthbombers or normal bombers causes the AI to build ActiveAirDefense Units such as Destroyers and MobileSAM.
                      * Fixed "Leave my land" option in diplomacy so that any Units currently in borders must leave land within 3 turns and if still in, will be sent to the next tile outside borders or the treaty is violated [... et. al]

Now what are you waiting for? Christmas?
                      ATa
                      [This message has been edited by Atahualpa (edited December 18, 2000).]

This is great Atahualpa! Despite the fact that some of this is in jest, it makes a great point. Many of these things are serious issues that need to be taken up: the first 5 points made here especially.

Another point that's been mentioned here: having messages pop up on the left hand of the screen (as in CTP1) instead of the elusive message tab. Why fix something that isn't broken? I don't understand that policy. It seems to have permeated the entire process of developing CTP2; instead of taken away the junk; enhancing current features (from CTP1); and adding many needed, well thought out features; they changed much of what was not broken. Taking away a paratrooper's ability to paradrop with a plane?Absolutely incredible.
                      Why?

There is no doubt that CTP2 is captivating. But there is also no doubt that it could have been much better.

Comment

A few things I have found need fixes on CTP II.
                        1. The aircraft carriers appear to only be able to transport units, but noy to allow them to run strike missions for ship.
                        2. Cyberninja appear to have a success rate of zero with a high rate of kill.
                        3. Scoring seems to use a nebulous population number that doesn't appear to relate to any specific city population number.
                        4. City build window has a "clear" Queue button thats too close to the close window button.
                        5. In easy ( my first game) the tutorial advise resets to on every time a game is loaded.
                        6. Sea engineers that are not available until after urban planners are still only one population city founders. I think they should be 3.
                        7. Are those really blue high heeled shoes on the Warwalker????????

------------------

Comment

On the unit tab when u click the arrow to the right of the current unit name it shows the rest of the units on the current tile on the first click and then on subsequent clicks cycles to the next unit available to move and after that to the next city with its build queue empty.

quote:

Originally posted by FALVES on 12-19-2000 07:45 PM
                          This is something that i'm missing terribly from the first game, when you have an empire of more than 50 citys and you hear the message "building complete", you think to yourself: "ok, now where the hell is the city where the building was complete". It's just much of a drag trying to find the city (or citys) with the yellow letters in a gigantic map.

Razor®
                          http://www.rarefm.co.uk

Comment

I have found a bug. When you offer en enemy a city, and you have over like 30 cites, the end of your list gets cut off at the bottom, i think you just need to put a scroll bar in so you can scroll to the bottom.
                            It's what you learn after you think you know everything, that counts.

Comment

There are a few bugs in network games. The game keeps telling me that another player has taking control of a civ even though he's been there all the time. His graphics for cities are different to mine (I'm the host) and they change from the modern age back to the rennaisance age every now and then on his machine. Why does the english civ have eastern city graphics on his machine and western ones on mine?. The game crashed saying it had encountered an error when research of an advance had been completed by me in a single player game using the world map scenario. I can remember exactly what the circumstances were though when this happened.
                              De gustibus non disputandum est

Comment

Markos posted in that thread some usefull information about the bugs that where fixed. So we may use this.

Originally posted by MarkG
                                * Set cell owner when cheating tile improvements
                                I don't like this, so better do not reimplement this.

Originally posted by MarkG
                                * Incremented save file version to force string reload for old games.
                                Well doesn't work so should be implemented so that there are no problems again.

-Martin
                                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                                X