• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great review for CTP2!

Here is a nice review for CTP2...
    http://www.strategy-gaming.com/

------------------
    -PrinceBimz-

I think Strategy Gaming was WAY to nice in it's review! I realy wonder how long these "reviewers" actually play a game in which they are reviewing?

Comment

And they say there is a great manual?!? I do not own the game but I choose to believe the people posting here.

Comment

Notice the comparison with Civ and not CTP1. Strike 1 against the reviewer. Thinking that this useless manual is worthwhile is strike 2. Saying that the AI will attack on its own, strike 3.

My review of this reviewer is that he didnt spend enough time playing to win, and spent too much time seeing what all the options were. A real game wouldnt give you the time to play around with all the options before it kicked your butt. No mention of barbarians so I suspect he played on one of the easier levels.

I wish reviewers would tell us how many games they played and on what level(s).

------------------
        History is written by the victor.

Comment

Truely.

Comment

Yeah, I too think that the review was too nice. The truth is that ctp2 does have many great features. However, they should mention the problems as well. Ctp2 does have 2 big flaws: weak AI and a diplomacy that the computer never takes advantage of!

It is actually easy to be too nice with ctp2. I fell in the trap too. If you only play for a short period of time, you won't have enough time to notice the flaws and so you will write a super great review. With more time, a reviewer will notice the positives and the negatives and write a more balanced review.

Ctp2 has both great positives and great negatives!

------------------
            No permanent enemies, no permanent friends.
            'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
            G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Working...
            X