X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone here lost a CTP2 game?

If so how, please explain.

If not, say so.
    My brand new sig, written by Mr MarkG. (he didn't like the one about Ming being a goofy toofy.

"ok, fine.
    from now on, i can refer to this thread whenever someone mentions acol as a place of freedom where you can post whatever you want and where noone is banned...."
    --MarkG

and by MikeH
    she's only illegal because of your ridiculous age of consent ages.

It's a small world, set on impossible, highest barb setting, and 8 civs. I start out in the middle of desert, with an oil well. I settle to make use of the well and start off. I produce a warrior, and then a second. Both set off exploring. I start work on a hoplite, and it's three turns off completion when a barb comes along and takes my city. BOOM! End game scene. Didn't even get enough time to move my warriors back to defend.

------------------
    Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."

Comment

At least you didn't put much time into it.

I forgot for me.

No.
      My brand new sig, written by Mr MarkG. (he didn't like the one about Ming being a goofy toofy.

"ok, fine.
      from now on, i can refer to this thread whenever someone mentions acol as a place of freedom where you can post whatever you want and where noone is banned...."
      --MarkG

and by MikeH

Comment

Same here. Lost once to barbarians in round 5 or so.

But I've never gone beyond the renaissance age in any game. It gets incredibly boring by then.

Comment

Been playing since it came out, now on very hard. Have not lost. For a while I played w/o barbarians so that was kinda lame. Just finished a game I played on an Island / Ocean map just to slow it down some. The last AI had facists when I was using cannon/infantry. Still conquored, but its fun, exploring the map, moving the units into position, attacking, denying the AI any sea movement at all. Am too much of a wimp to try Impossiple yet.

Comment

I have lost but only 10 turns or less, however I really havent completed a game, it has always been pointless since I am so far ahead towards the end of the game. However I have only played on medium.

Comment

Is it possable to loose to the computer?

------------------
              I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow
              I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Hey Dale. How can you play on small world with 8 civs?
                I read you can only play on small world with 6 civs. did you really play with 8 civs, or did the computer put in 6 and you didint notice?

Davor

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Deathwalker on 01-02-2001 05:54 AM
                  Is it possable to loose to the computer?

It was in Civ2 at the highest level.

"ok, fine.
                  --MarkG

and by MikeH

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Davor on 01-02-2001 11:47 AM
                    Hey Dale. How can you play on small world with 8 civs?
                    I read you can only play on small world with 6 civs. did you really play with 8 civs, or did the computer put in 6 and you didint notice?

Davor

Davor, to be honest I don't quite know! I hit 8 civs first on a large map, then decided to play a small map. I have no idea if it cut the other two civs off or not. You read it somewhere? I suppose I should actually open the manual then. I only used the back cover for the hotkeys.

------------------
                    Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."

Comment

I lost to barbarians too. They took over 4-5 of my cities.

Comment

Other then the occasional bad luck barbarian in the first 5 turns I don't recall ever losing a game of CTP II - which speaks very poorly of the AI. I did lose a couple of games of the original CTP but that was when I was first starting out and had no prior exposure to the whole CIV scene.

I havn't tried impossible on CTP II yet - is it any more of a challenge? I havn't even completed a game of CTP II yet because by the begining of the modern age I'm at least five times as powerful as my closest competitor in every aspect.

YET ANOTHER REASON TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER !

Everything I need to know I learned from Civilization: Whatever it is, nukes are the answer.

Comment

That is my point exactly.

There is no challenge.

"ok, fine.
                          --MarkG

and by MikeH

Comment

Well I'm a new CTP/Civ-er, and I just recently started out a agme on Hard, 8 Civs and a large map. By the time I got to the AD years I was still only 7th on the power scale. I suppose that speaks of my lack of experience though.

I decided I didn't like the idea of getting killed off, so I started a new game, same parameters, and now I'm neck and neck with 2 other Civ's for the top spot at about 100AD.

At least it's made me more perceptive to the little things in the game that initially seem trivial, but can help progress dramatically when used correctly.

Shadow
                            3am...! Can't be, I just started...!
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            Ahhh, my first Nuke!
                            Now the fat lady's singin'...

Comment

I didn't think it was possable to loose a game in CTP2, it has the owlrd crapest AI, Civ 1 had better AI it would attack.
                              I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Working...
                              X