Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One more RANT. Stop Comparing C2P with SMAC. SMAC is nothing more than CiV2 expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd just like to mention here that i've been playing this game for a month now and have had no bug at all.
    Not even when modding one file but forgetting to mod another the change either comes up or doesn't but not a single crash or saved game bug.Although i did take the precaution of never loading from inside a game having heard of that bug already.

------------------
    " mind over body "
    Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Dale on 01-01-2001 07:49 PM
      Pity it sold over here for $90!!! I'd buy any mediocre game at $50.

All in all, I say stop complaining and comparing. Civ2 may be the best Civ-type game ever (which I do heartily agree with ) but CTP1 & 2 are different games.

If CTP1 and CTP2 are so different how come Activision fought so hard to get to use the name "Civlization" in CTP1? Looks to me like they were trying to lure CIV players over to their version of a CIV game. So if they are going to do that the comparisions are rightly made and Activision had to expect that.

"To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
      "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Davor on 01-01-2001 11:36 AM

Well now that I think of it SMAC is nothing more than an Expansion Pack for Civ2. SMAC might have different units but they are just the same. HIT DEFENCE MOVE are all ONE at the begining just as in Civ2 but with different names.

So for the people who complain about C2P2 with SMAC you cant. You put C2P2 down you put SMAC down as well cause all it is a glorifed Expansion Pack as well.
        quote]
        No, SMAC isn't only a Expansion of Civ2. Diplomacy for instance is completely new and unbeteable so far in any other Civ gender game. Borders, a new and necessary concept very well implemented. And, the most important, the History itself wich is very captivating. It is really a new game and, of course, as sequel, close connected to Civ2 basics.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Davor on 01-01-2001 11:36 AM
          I like Sid Myers Alpha Centauri. I am tired of people saying C2P is not as great as the other games like Civ2 and SMAC.

Why am I tired of this? 'Cause people just say Civ2 or SMAC is better and dont say why. They say that C2P didnt make and new innovations and is just to different than Civ2.

Well now that I think of it SMAC is nothing more than an Expansion Pack for Civ2. SMAC might have different units but they are just the same. HIT DEFENCE MOVE are all ONE at the begining just as in Civ2 but with different names. They only improved SMAC a bit but its the same game as Civ2. Only difference is the tech system and trade system. I like that you can custimize units also. But all in all it the same as Civ2.

So for the people who complain about C2P2 with SMAC you cant. You put C2P2 down you put SMAC down as well cause all it is a glorifed Expansion Pack as well.

Give real reasons to nock of C2P2. like the bugs or what not. SMAC had bugs as well untill fixed.

I love Call to Power 2 now and it can use improvments but its still a great game. Give real reasons to put it down.

Davor

PS I am tired of complaing about the bugs in this game and did wish Activison kept their word and really did QA TEST this game. I am all through with ranting and raving now and enjoying the game immensly now.

HERESY
          HERESY
          HERESY.

SMAC is a HARD game.It took me 6 months to beat it in harder level.
          SMAC leaders have personality .
          Its like multiplayer without the need for humans.
          SMAC RULES

Comment

There is much more of a difference between Civ2 and SMAC than there is between CTP1 and CTP2.

Just like an add-on? Are you insane? The games are so different, its definently more like a sequal- the game is even 3D.

Unlike CTP2 which fixes many of the old problems and gives us lovely new ones.

------------------
            "We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills, we shall never surrender!" -Winston Churchill

"Gotta love me"- Baby, Dinosaurs

Comment

Working...
            X