CTP2 biggest nightmare ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP2 biggest nightmare ever

ok, i have every civ game made from civ1, civ2 series, and even this wonderful CTP series
    i think that CTP2 is the biggest improvement in the entire civ collection so far!! and i think CTP2 is really really fun

but there is 14billion problems......

ok, we will start with my discrepancys with NETWORK-MULTI play == the SPY bug is the most common of all bugs, (also, i know of killing an enemy spy causing the game to crash)
    then there is the settler-facist bug, (settler and facist in group, kill them, and game crashes)
    then there is the infamous RECONNECTION ERROR
    ok this is total BS cuz every game ive ever played on our network never did this, we have top line comps, and an aweseme connection

in single player i have a problem, I CANT GET my next technology!! because it wont let me go past 2900AD!!!!
    the game crashes every time at 2900AD it makes no sense

this game truely is "THE CALL TO BUGS"
    and IF THEY DONT FIX IT SOON IN A PATCH
    I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!!

what do you guys think about all this nightmarish stuff??

"Call to Bugs" indeed. This game has so much potential but it will never be achieved. This is the single most buggy game I ever had the misfortune of playing. I NEVER got past 25 turns before the game would completely lock up. Consistantly. I tried all the usual crap that Activision suggests to try to remedy the problems, but it was absolutly no avail. Out of frustration I just returned it. Call to Power2 is NOT going to be recommeded to any of my peers, both on the net and off, and I WILL go out of my way to ensure that Activision knows this

Comment

Ive gone to about 2500AD in several games and havent had any problems. Aside from a weak AI, the game doesnt seem so buggy to me. Although, I am sure there may be some things I have just missed.

Amazing the different experiences people have with the same exact product.

Comment

Ive been playing for 3 weeks and its never crashed once.
        aka Ticktank TWZ

Comment

What are you doing in 2900AD??? and you still have some techs to go?

Omni

Comment

Ha! Ever played Daggerfall? :-)

quote:

Originally posted by Mojomatrix on 12-13-2000 02:59 PM
            ... This is the single most buggy game I ever had the misfortune of playing

Comment

It depends on what you do in some cases. I haven't had any crashes since I stopped reloading from within a running game; I exit the game if I want to reload.

quote:

Originally posted by Dark Renown on 12-13-2000 04:54 PM
              Ive been playing for 3 weeks and its never crashed once.

Comment

I've been playing CTP2 since its release and I've never had it crash or lock up once.
                Yes, the game is extremely buggy, but not as buggy as Daggerfall.
                [This message has been edited by Ploxy Yoper (edited December 14, 2000).]

Comment

This game crashes on the very first turn every time I try to play it. I haven't been able to play this game yet. I'm returning it to the store tomorrow, and I will not recommend this game to anyone either. I'll just keep playing CIV II.

Comment

As I said in my earlier post I still can't get the game to play. It still says I don't have Direct X 7.0a so unless I get it working soon I'll be returning it.

Comment

Use the 'Start' menus' Windows Update to update any Windows software/drivers you can. Then go to Updates.Com (or a similiar site) and update anything else you can. Also, if you haven't done it yet, update your video drivers.

I had the same problems and applying a few updates from Updates.Com fixed it.
                      Don,
                      CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

Is it me or am I the only one who HASNT ran into any bugs whatsoever?

Comment

..no you are not alone, I haven't manage to crash the game nor discovered any "real" bugs, occasional strange game mechanics - yes, bugs - no.

Regards Tassadar
                          "Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere" - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                          X