Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Case Of The Vanishing Space Planes

Hey folks,

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this. I loaded up a couple space planes, launched 'em, and then saved the game and quit before they landed. When I returned to the game, lo and behold, no more space planes. Maybe someone opened up the pod bay doors, or something. They were just GONE. Weren't even listed in the unit manager. More than a little frustrating.

Got CTP2 as a gift. Granted, SMAC had its problems upon release, but Sid & Brian had a much better post-release track record than Activision does... I'm thinking it's about time to go back to SMAC.

Guynemer

------------------
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

I just finished my second CTP II game and discovered many little strange quirks, none of which are addressed in the "patch." One of those was just what you described. I launched a space plane full of cargo, saved the game and when I reloaded, my space plane and all its cargo were gone. (Didn't learn the first time and did it again with the same results.) Also, this isn't confirmed, but I am almost certain that when I "launched" the space plane empty, it only took 2 turns to arrive at it's destination, not 4!
    This is the first time I have visited this forum and am searching to see if my other quirks are listed elsewhere. Thanks for helping confirm my sanity.

Comment

Working...
    X