Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activision - what are your plans????

Activision,

I think that its safe to say that there are a lot of people who "want" to love CTP2. Its got so many nice features that Civ2 lacked. However, flat out, the AI is bunged. Last night I did a round the world cruise. Even through I was at war with everyone, nobody so much as attacked me. What is it with the AI?

The AI is the biggest fault of the game. I belive that you could start with one city and never push the envelope and still be alive at the end of the game. The AI dosn't attack. It simply does not put the pressure on the player.

So, for the benifit of this base, can you please let us know if there are any further patches comeing out, and if they will address the AI issue (the primary problem with the game).

We will take silence as an answer.

------------------
    Bluevoss-
    Bluevoss-

I too am someone who would like to love this game because it has potential. But...that's just it...it has potential but it doesn't come close to living up to it.
    So....what now Activision...the balls in your court.

"To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
    "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

To repeat the level of the problem.

I went back to where I had started the test and reset the turns to 0, changed all my production to infrastructure, and deleted all my units except 2 diplomats and a spy. I linked all the AI cities to ine by railways and changed all my cities to have all scientists so they would stop growing.

After cycling through 45 turns one of my two peace treaties was violated when a cannon attacked my diplomat who was standing next to an empty size 25 city. The cannon then fortified next to my open city and remained there for a long time. The next turn my other diplomat was killed by another civ.

I then kept cycling turns. troops would come up to my empty cities and fortify outside of them.

-turn 91 I declared war on all the other civs and broke cease fires.
      -turns 101-121: 7 of my cities were taken. All but 1 were below size 10.
      -turns 122-162: was sent 5 cease fire requests from different civs.
      -turn 163: placed enemy units outside of half my cities.
      -turn 180: Turned it off and went online.

This left me with 15 large cities that were undefended surrounded, and not producing anything. The computer did pirate and raze a few times over the 180 turns but was incapable of taking my cities.

Great huh?
      My brand new sig, written by Mr MarkG. (he didn't like the one about Ming being a goofy toofy.

"ok, fine.
      from now on, i can refer to this thread whenever someone mentions acol as a place of freedom where you can post whatever you want and where noone is banned...."
      --MarkG

and by MikeH
      she's only illegal because of your ridiculous age of consent ages.

Comment

Thanks for the test. That pretty much proves it.

Activision, we need a game plan on this.

Bluevoss-

Comment

I did one more test for aggression.

This is also being discussed in the creation forum.

Someone made a smartass comment about noone ever dying and if you only built one city you would be around till the end of the game.

I started a small map on HARD with 8 civs, built my 2 cities, placed them both on default city manager and started cycling turns.

The only things I did was make PW the highest and destroy some troops every so often because of the messages about not being able to build more troops.

Here is everything that happened.

I met all the civs.
          2 declared war on me because they were angery about my embargo against them (this has happened to me before, anyone else?), on turn 308 I recieved 2!!! threats for money, both of which I declined, on turn 479 I was bombarded by a cannon and then it rolled away.

That is it. I stopped at turn 636. All the civs were still alive.

I cannot see how the computer can ever win.

They cannot form alliancs with each other-no diplo
          This also prevents them from ever covering 60% with obeliscs-no science
          They never kill each other off- no war victory.

This game would be awesome if the computer had diplomatic relations with each other and accually attacked.
          My brand new sig, written by Mr MarkG. (he didn't like the one about Ming being a goofy toofy.

"ok, fine.
          from now on, i can refer to this thread whenever someone mentions acol as a place of freedom where you can post whatever you want and where noone is banned...."
          --MarkG

and by MikeH
          she's only illegal because of your ridiculous age of consent ages.

Comment

Working...
          X