Cruise Missiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise Missiles

Has anyone had much success using cruise missiles? IMO, they are more a waste of prod rather than providing any real tactical advantage. I've experimented with them by loading up some nuke subs with them, then launching a multiple missile strike against troop concentrations to soften them up for a follow on ground assault. The problem is that cruise missiles don't seem to do much in the way of damage. Does anyone have any thoughts?

quote:

Originally posted by Prince_Vegeta on 12-12-2000 02:22 PM
    Has anyone had much success using cruise missiles? IMO, they are more a waste of prod rather than providing any real tactical advantage. I've experimented with them by loading up some nuke subs with them, then launching a multiple missile strike against troop concentrations to soften them up for a follow on ground assault. The problem is that cruise missiles don't seem to do much in the way of damage. Does anyone have any thoughts?

I've noticed the same thing, i wasted a bunch, but they didn't really help at all.

Comment

i noticed the same thing and then decided to change that. i forget exactly what it was that i tweaked in the units.txt file but now my cruise missiles are far more effective. it still takes a bunch to whack a well defended and fortified city, but against individual units and ships it does do quite nicely. just leaving CTP2 as is and they are not even worth building.

Comment

Same problem. I dropped a cruise missile on a marine and he escaped with 50% health. Whats the deal with that?

Comment

Working...
        X