Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ACTIVISION Please update us on Multiplayer Status!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACTIVISION Please update us on Multiplayer Status!!!

Well aparently other people are having the same network resync and crash problems that I have been having. It's a shame because CTP2 is really a fun game, not counting the state of multiplayer it is possibly one of the best TBS games to date.

I would really like to know (and I'm sure other people out there as well) if you folks at Activision are at least aware there is a SERIOUS problem with CTP2 in network play and if so what you plan to do about it.

Your paying customers at least deserve to know this much. I know you guys read these boards so please let us know what the plan is.

Yeah, the Multiplayer section is turning into the complaint section.

As CTP2 isn’t yet out where I live, I haven’t had the opportunity to play it. But as a frequent player of LAN CTP1, it appears from reading these posts that not only has the multiplayer crashing and resync problems which exist in CTP1 not been fixed, but appear to have worsened. This is a great pity. I was really looking forward to playing it during our weekly LAN sessions, (with Wes’s mod of course).

OK…
    Rather than rant and rave about it, I wonder how we go about getting things improved?
    At present there is no indication that Activision will do a patch. (Although I suspect that the Activisioners who post on this site would not mind working on one, if employed to do so). So the question is,- how do we convince the suits, or whoever, in Activision (not Mr Ogre and gang), to do so?(Surely they must realise the negative effect of bad PR from players who experience repeated crashes etc.)

Despite what I read here I still intend to buy CTP2 and try it over a 3 player LAN.

So, an honest question to any Activisioner,-
    What is the best way to avoid crashes and resync problems over a LAN? If players only take actions during their turns and don’t change anything when it is not their turn, should that avoid trouble?

Thanks for any info on the matter.

Jim

Comment

I'm not sure the best way to convince them to get it fixed. They most likely are aware of the problems, and probably knew about them before they even shipped the product. The biggest recourse we have as consumers is with our wallets. But if the decision makers at Activision dont feel like spending some resource on getting these multiplayer problems fixed, then we are out of luck. If they dont patch the game, I certainly wont be spending any more of my money on any Activision games. At the very least I expect some sort of update by them as to whether or not they even are planning something like fixing the bugs which make LAN games unplayable.

Comment

OK, Activision, you have lost some money due to including no PBEM, which is a step backwards - really a complaint section here . I can name several people who didn't buy CTP2 only due to lack of PBEM, and I am one of them. Moreover, you didn't even want tio include ot in your patch.
        Will it ever be here, or why go backwards ?

------------------
        Solver - http://www.aok.20m.com
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
        X