Fire Triremes; attack bonus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Triremes; attack bonus?

In units.txt (yeah, I've been doing a lot of searching there lately) it states that Fire Triremes get a .25 attack bonus versus wooden ships.

Now that is interesting....

Is it interesting because the bonus exists or because you think it's too low? It makes sense to have a bonus because fire attacks against wood have a devastating effect. Maybe there should be a damage bonus against wooden ships instead of an attack bonus.
    Formerly known as Masuro.
    The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

I find it interesting for two reasons:

First, because this bonus is listed in units.txt, and therefore probably exists.

Secondly, because it is a rip off from Age of Empires.

;¬P Albeit, a historically accurate rip off.....sorta'.

No, but all kidding aside, I find it most interesting mainly because this bonus isn't stated anywhere else, in or out of the game. Or is it?

Comment

you mean the manual isn't accurate

I miss the days when game makers actually put out good manuals. Some geeks like me actually read them if they think it will make them better at the game.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Dissident Aggressor on 12-05-2000 04:59 PM
          you mean the manual isn't accurate

I miss the days when game makers actually put out good manuals. Some geeks like me actually read them if they think it will make them better at the game.

Because they want you to purchase their strategy guide.

Comment

That is EXACTLY it. Most strategy guides that I've seen in recent days are all-too-thin on strategy, and instead just give you detailed information on units/buildings/items/commands etc that should have been in a manual in the first place. :P
            Don't like to wait? Program your own bloody game.

Comment

PS: So thank goodness for the forums.
              Don't like to wait? Program your own bloody game.

Comment

Yeah, and I'm not gonna bother with the strategy guide anyway. It'll be useless as soon as I install the MedMod II.

------------------
                Big Dave

Do the Vatican police speak Pig Latin?
                Any flames in this message are solely in the mind of the reader.

Comment

Working...
                X