How do I build trust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I build trust?

I've tried everything. I've given technologies, money, maps and everything else. Still only the regard improves. The trust seems entirely arbitrary. Is there a way to build trust? HELP!
    Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

What is the tone you're using, it helps to be stern, especially if you've been being nice to them. And if they still don't accept, threaten them. I know it's a little screwy, but it works...

Comment

Yeah, I usually use magnanimous or friendly tone to most of the civilizations. I usually think that a haughty or belligerent tone will aggravate them even more. I've never seen a civilization respond to Meek though. They don't seem flattered by that in the slightest.

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

there's a list in here somewhere about what causes trust and such.

I think it's just time at peace that does it. but I will see if I can find it.
        "And when they find you, they will crush you into dust, grind you into little pieces, and then blast you into oblivion"
        ---- Obi-Wan Kenobi The destroyer of the jedi.

Comment

http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum45/HTML/000021.html?1

here's the trust part.

// every turn with pact, add trust
          HasPactTrustBonus 2

// every turn not at war, increase trust (up to 500 only)
          NoWarTrustBonus 1

// every time foreigner follows through with agreement, add trust
          FollowThroughTrustBonus 10

// when they kill a non-combat unit all players trust them less
          AttackCivilianTrustCost -50

// when they attack with out declaring war the round before
          PreemptiveAttackTrustCost -20

// every time a player uses nukes, the world trusts them less
          UsedNukesTrustCost -100

// minimum time before wanting to see map again
          WantMapTurns 50

"And when they find you, they will crush you into dust, grind you into little pieces, and then blast you into oblivion"
          ---- Obi-Wan Kenobi The destroyer of the jedi.

Comment

Well, that would explain a lot because I usually declared war within the turn. I also once (accidently) broke a cease-fire. And I usually took out a lot of settler units.

Comment

Heh, heh. Yeah, that'll do it.

------------------
              - MKL
              "And a sun that doesn't set but settles" - Augie March
              Shameless Plug: http://www.poetic-license.org ............. All welcome.
              - mkl

Comment

More stuff that would have helped in a manual... Maybe not in quite so much detail, but things like waiting a turn after declaring war or not attacking civilians would be nice.

TGFTF.
                Thank goodness for the forums.
                Don't like to wait? Program your own bloody game.

Comment

Working...
                X