Pollution with MANY civs in game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pollution with MANY civs in game

I tried starting a game with 28 civs, and though the game seem to be running fine, I kept getting the Global Warming message every turn with the warning that sea levels were going to rise if pollution wasn't curbed. This was on a gigantic map, and despite the warnings, I didn't notice the sea levels changing. Pollution was on, of course, and it seems odd that from the very outset of the game I would be getting this message.

Well, that's what I get for screwing around!

Any insight?

is a lot of empires. Pollution is attributed to production value, nukes going off, amount of population, and antipollution technology. If you are at the modern age I would say that global warming is going to be tough to control with that many empires. If you are at an earlier stage, you may have a chance if you wipe out the enemy. Your citizens will become very unhappy with pollution and may revolt too. It takes a while for global warming to occur, but when it does, it can be very damaging.

Smooshies

Comment

Yeah, but the warnings started at turn 1. With only 28 civs (only?? that would mean there would be a global population of 28. This is not a lot.

Comment

Exact same thing happened to me in my first "real" game where I set the # of civs at 18. Right at turn one (4000BC), before I could even click on my unit, there was this message. It comes up every turn also. Yet, like your game, there is no evidence of anything happening.

Interesting but this was precisely the first note I wrote in note pad for my own CTP2 review. Despite that, the game has me very interested and I think some of the added features are really quite value-added.

I think this is going to be a much more powerful "mod platform" than the original. Just wait and see... in a few weeks, wizards will be peppering the board with downloads to delight your holiday gameplaying.

------------------

'Blood will run'
        'Blood will run'

Comment

Working...
        X