Why can't I make fusion plants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't I make fusion plants?

I can make fusion tanks, but I can't build fuision plants in my cities.

anyone know why?
    "And when they find you, they will crush you into dust, grind you into little pieces, and then blast you into oblivion"
    ---- Obi-Wan Kenobi The destroyer of the jedi.

You need to have built the prerequisites, the Nuclear Plant and Oil Refinery, before it shows up (ie, CTP2 behaves more like Civ2 than CTP1 in this respect).

Comment

yeah I noticed that with the banks and the brokerages.

but I have all the production city improvements built and I still can't make em.

"And when they find you, they will crush you into dust, grind you into little pieces, and then blast you into oblivion"
      ---- Obi-Wan Kenobi The destroyer of the jedi.

Comment

Now that you mention it, I don't remember seeing them either. But I've only had one game that went as far as the Fusion advance.

Does the Nanite Defuser affect this? When it says it gets rid of nukes, apparently it means all nukes, even Nuclear Plants. And without them, you can't build Fusion Plants. That's my theory, at any rate.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by lago on 11-28-2000 10:40 AM
          Does the Nanite Defuser affect this? When it says it gets rid of nukes, apparently it means all nukes, even Nuclear Plants. And without them, you can't build Fusion Plants. That's my theory, at any rate.

I too have noticed this. The game does indeed destroy all nuke plants when you get the diffuser, and won't let you build them after.

Comment

wow... talk about unintended consequences

Comment

I'm not a nuclear expert. This would make sense however, if nuclear power was a prerequisite for fusion power. Since I don't believe this is the case then it seems to be a glitch of some sort.

------------------
              “The American people have now spoken, but it’s going to take a little while to determine exactly what
              they said.” — President Clinton
              “The American people have now spoken, but it’s going to take a little while to determine exactly what
              they said.” — President Clinton

Comment

The Nuclear Plant is one of the prerequisite buildings you are required to build before the Fusion Plant can be built (Oil Refinery being the other).

Comment

The buildings.txt file (which I'm getting to know pretty well by now), has the line:

NuclearPlant

in the discription of Nuclear Plants. No other power plant or production enhancer has any similar line, so it seems likely that the NP is being flagged for some reason. My guess is to tell CTP that this building is nuclear and thus should be removed.

That seems like strange behavior, though. Presumably if you've built a Fusion Plant before the Nanite Defuser, then it wouldn't be affected.

Comment

Working...
                  X