YOUR review of CTP2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YOUR review of CTP2!

if all have gone well, you can now use your forum username and password to review and rate the in our Links directory

therefore....

REVIEW CTP2!

I'm going to do an independent review if you do not mind. Your machine counts will no doubt misread my voting intentions!

Comment

Overall, I enjoy Call to Power II so far. However, I was wondering why Activision staff made such a poor Earth map - Sid Meier's Civilization II Earth map was much better and that's not exaggerating.

Plus, when will anyone answeer my questions I posted under Help regarding map editing?
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I'll review it as soon as I can play it...

I do have a few things to say about Activision's European services though...

------------------
        ...And if the British Commonwealth and its people live for a thousand years, man will still say "this was their finest hour"- Winston Churchill.

Comment

www.epinions.com now has Call to Power 2 posted and ready for consumer review. The menus make the game easy to find in the site or you can use the search function to find it. Nobody has posted a review yet so you can be the first! Spread the word!
          Formerly known as Masuro.
          The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

. I think there being more than twice as many Help posts as Strategy posts is telling ratio of the lack of quality.

------------------
            Gauis Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
            Pontificator Pendanticus
            older richer & wiser than you
            Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
            Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
            "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
            From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola on 11-28-2000 03:43 PM
              . I think there being more than twice as many Help posts as Strategy posts is telling ratio of the lack of quality.
              only if all the posts in the help forum were reports of real problems. in many cases it's questions of how things work...
              as for the strategy forum, isnt it a bit early to be have conclusive strategies that work that you can post?

Comment

I have found the game to be quite immersive, challenging and enjoyable thus far, but that is speaking only for the gameplay. Running on a P2 (450) with 200mb of RAM, Voodoo5 5500 supplying the graphics, I have to say I have yet to get through a single game, due to the constant hangs and crashes. Please don't anybody tell me you waited until truly confident it was a stable product before shipping... Clearly some marketing monkey held the development team to an unrealistic schedule (speculation, I know, but I feel justified in my irritation). Finally, things like when you adjust the volume settings in the game your OS settings are changed just bug me to no end. Didn't have time to develop your own routine and just called the window API directly? That is plain shoddy.
                I do not want to give the impression that I do not like this game or that I will not continue to play it. I simply want to communicate to those quantity over quality boobs out there that this would be a much more enjoyable product if the time had been taken to finish it.

Comment

no hangs or crashes. voodoo 5500 piii 128 megs of ram. 3/4's through the first game. It's not worth 50 bucks.
                  maybe 29.99 which is what I paid at Best Buy. I originally paid 50 but they put it on sale 1 week later and gave me 21 bucks back on price match.
                  Not enough new to make a new game over. boarders are nice, diplomacy isnt that cool or not described very well in the book to be effective, i'm stupid.
                  The age changed from infantry and calvary to machinegunner and planes too quick, almost immediatly.
                  The human player on med difficulty gets most of the wonders. They still tried to hard to stay away from civ II wonders, I still don't like their wonders better. Pollution management is ambigous*. Still like the trade routs and public works. But its not much new. Now it takes several 5-25 carvans to make a trade rout but it dosent break with piracy. It's not new enough to have the bran new civ feel. IMHO.

Comment

I'm beginning to wonder if Activision cares about the quality of the games they release?

For instance, I am experiencing the "Ruin Bug" right now and would like to be able to play this game I paid for. Activision has kept its mouth shut about the bugs for some reason. Now that they have our money, why should they provide any help with bugs?
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                    X