No announcement yet.

Wholly Bombastic Telivangelists Batman!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wholly Bombastic Telivangelists Batman!

Telivangelists have the Ability to Bombard!

Can you imagin the posibilities!

Whole stacks of Telivangestst blasting away at cities!(shuudering at the thought)

ok ok, its a typo on the Unit sheet, but heck that would be one nice ability to have on a stealth unit!

Drakenred

Well, televangelists do "bombard" people with religous advertising.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Actualy im thinking of adding a Stealth "Terorist" unit to the game, (basicaly he-she would be a "Bombardment unit, unless detected by Spy-diplomat,

IF that is, the stealth units can actualy bombard!

Drakenred

Comment

You should make it government specific - say fascist and/or theocracy. After all Western democracies would never do such a thing

On second thoughts... call it a commando and then make its prerequsite technology covert ops.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Big Crunch on 11-16-2000 08:31 PM
          You should make it government specific - say fascist and/or theocracy. After all Western democracies would never do such a thing

On second thoughts... call it a commando and then make its prerequsite technology covert ops.

Naaa we dona need that kindo unit, we just fire cruise missiles!

Comment

I've been doing that in CTP1 for a couple of weeks. It's really fun! I actually made four land stealth units (why have air and sea stealth attack units (stealth bombers and subs) and not land?). I started with MM4 and really tweaked out a bunch of the units. I took the Marine sprite and made it "Special Forces" a stealth unit with 12/5/11/4 (A/R/D/M). I made the ranged power relatively light on all these stealth units so that they can't go around destroying modern units, just soften them up a bit. The Special Forces has vision of 2 and can bombard air and land (bombard air being like carrying a small SAM plus the British SAS first made there mark during WWII in Northern Africa roving around destroying landed aircraft). I took the old Paratrooper sprite and made it a SEAL unit. A stealth unit that has 14/5/11/2 and can move on land (not mountain) and shallow water. It has vision of 1 (harder to sea underwater!) can bombard land and sea (akin to planting mines on ships). FYI, I don't care for the big futuristic units so I chucked the Leviathan and the fusion tanks and starcruisers etc. I kept the plasmatica and war walker and space bomber and a couple of others. This allowed me to redefine what's what as far as the size of land units. Tanks and other such mechanized units are large, all other horse and foot units which represent a group (riflemen represents a company or whatever size you like to think it, not an individual) are medium sized and the units which represent individuals (spies, diplos, my four stealth units etc) are small land units. I chucked the paradrop ability and used that cargo plane sprite to make a unit which can hold 2 small units and I made it a space unit (which cannot launch, thus not ever get into space) so that it can fly out and unload (paradrop) units at will. I also made Wes's helicopter a stealth unit and gave it the ability to hold one small land unit (and gave it 24 fuel points) so that it could do deep stealth insertions. Wes already had the subs and the destroyers and missile frigates able to carry one or more small land units. Btw, I made one "group" unit small...the airborne unit so that the C130s could carry them out and drop them. It's cool b/c in CTP if you had a stack of paratroopers on an airfield, you could only paradrop one per turn. With this system, four C130s can transport a stack of 8 airborne to target.

You remember the "sue" function of the Lawyer? You know how you could "sue" another civ's unit, effectively killing that unit without the other civ getting mad at you? I took "sue" away from the lawyer, leaving him with "file injunction" only and made him expellable. I moved the CyberNinja up the time line and gave her some attack power (something like 5/2/4/4 or something, I can't remember) and very light bombard. But I also took away nuke and gave her nano-attack and the lawyer's "sue" function. I made all the UW units (and also spies and diplos and CyberNinjas and the yet to be mentioned Assassin) "can be sued." I took the Ecoterrorist sprite and made that the Assassin unit. Stealth with something like 7/4/5/4 and cannot be expelled. I gave it nuke attack and it retains "conduct hit."

What's all this mean? A lot of fun! The Special Forces unit can get to target via para from C130 (very deep insertion) or helicopter (stealthy shallower insertion but it can ride on a carrier which the C130 can't) or destroyer or even sub if he loads and unloads from land or city. He can bombard (though it is light) and the enemy does not know where it's coming from unless they have a spy or secret agent or SF/SEAL unit etc. If you bombard another unit it is considered war. The CTP game I've been playing is really cool. I have GlobeSat but of course can't see stealth units with it. So I've got my SF units moving around and as they move they uncover other civ's SF units! Of course, those other units slip off and vanish at the next turn. The SEAL unit is a real treat. It's weird, I was worried about how the Wonders which provide extra movement for sea units and make shallow water units be able to travel deep sea tiles would effect the SEAL unit, because I really really did not want the SEAL unit to be able to travel in deep ocean. I even thought about getting rid of those wonders. Well, it turns out that the SEAL unit gets the movement bonus (that's why I cut it's movement points to "2") but the Wonders do not give it the ability to travel in ocean tiles. Why? I don't know. When on land, it gets treated like any land unit as far as movement bonuses (rivers, roads etc) or penalites (mountains etc), but it can "swim" out to a sub a couple of shallow water tiles off the coast and load into it. It can also disembark to land or shallow water. I haven't seen any foreign civs with SEALs, probably because I made them too expensive. The new CyberNinja's cool because if we uncover a secret agent or lawyer we can go over and "assassinate" them with the "sue" button. They go through the whole dying routine with noises and animation and all but the other civ doesn't get mad at you! The CyberNinja can be expelled (which the other civs were doing quite regularly) or assassinated by another CyberNinja (though no other civs have built them yet...that I've seen). The Assassin unit can nuke or conduct hit (causing unhappiness) but the biggest thing I've been using them for is to stack him with a CyberNinja to keep her from being expelled (as the Assassin unit can't be expelled).

So, yeah, at least with CTP you can have stealth bombard units and IMHO they're a lot of fun. I just can't get anyone to war with me! All that peace makes the CyberNinja esp valuable as she can go around killing UW units without getting you in trouble. To mention a couple of other units: since I used the Marine sprite for Special Forces, I made the MachineGunner sprite into the Marine unit. I like it better that way myself. Put five of them on a Liberty Ship with three or four Artilleries and you have a hell of an assault force! I also took the Fascist sprite and made that the Commando unit. Not stealth but with 11/7/12/4 it makes a decent unit for assaulting mountain cities. The extra movement points and light bombard means you can run up on a mountain city and soften them up with bombard before you attack directly. Another good thing about the ranged attack for these units (SF, SEAL) is that if you stack them with other units, these more expensive units hang to the rear and snipe until the the weaker units get wiped out and then these more powerful units (I'm assuming they're stacked with riflemen or leathernecks, not tanks) move up and clean house with the weakened enemy units. I actually did this by stacking SF units with Riflemen units and it worked well.

I made up some other units but I can't remember them right now. All of this was done with EasyMod so anyone can do it quite easily. My biggest gripe is that I don't know how to make my new unit "names" appear in the build list. It still says "stormtrooper" instead of "commando" or "Paratrooper" instead of "SEAL." How do I fix that? Next task will be to figure out how to do this with CTP2.

Comment

Working...
            X