No Legion!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Legion!!!

Oh no this is terrible, there's no legion!
    Why did they replace the legion with the samurai!
    C'mon guys you know a Centurion can kick a Samurai's a$$.

Please tell me this is not true, I've loved legions since the original civ; cheap, ok attack. But now they are gone. The romans didin't conquer the meditteranean with samurais. Why... why...

And i cannot prettend the samurai is a legion, it's just not right!!!

Comment

No Legions ????

Now, this is really, really stupid!
      So, the romans are attacking now with samurais ???????
      I never heard a stupidity that even come close to this
      "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
      --George Bernard Shaw
      A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
      --Woody Allen

Comment

With legons gone out of ctp2, I think i'll have to play Caesar 3 or aoe to see some REAL ancient infantry in action (yeah cuz' samurai suck)

" FUR ROMA "

- for rome

Comment

I am sure they have there reasons.
          By the way with what should play the chinese, the japenes, the Korean and the mongole Civ's. With Legions or Knights ?????
          Keep Smile and keep cleare in your head. | Everyone is its fate - and its environment - blacksmth.
          A.o.t.s.S. connections: (a Master of Orion,Civ,... Alliance,or also called "Clan")
          Internet: http://www.gildenweb.de/cgi-bin/gliste/gilde.pl?page=Gildenweb&gilde=Conquest%20of%20Para dies
          E-Mail: NsaeC@gmx.net

Comment

so what?

Ata

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Stratesford on 11-13-2000 03:59 AM

Oh no this is terrible, there's no legion!

LOL..... who cares ...
              aCa (a Civilization addict)

Comment

Hi Guys,

If you are really upset about this, take the sprite for the Legion out of CTP and replace the Samurai Sprite in CTP 2 with it. Then change the name in the Uniticon.txt file. If you leave it with the same name in the Units.txt file, you will not even have to change it in all the AI files. Even if they do not use the same file names in CTP 2, they will still have files that have the same functions and can accordingly be edited.

Yeesh, the things you guys get all worked up about!

Timothy Pintello

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Atahualpa on 11-13-2000 07:27 AM
                  so what?
                  Ata

I agree that more important is the gameplay. Then why do I care? Because Civ (any Civ) is supposed to be a history simulation/strategy game, and all the historically important units should be in the game, thet's why! Were the legions important in history? Certainly. It's not about the name: "legions", but the revolutionary organization of an army the romans discovered (or at least used with succes for the first time). Romans wouldn't conquer that much without legions, and the roman empire influenced the history of at least half of Europe. I think that's important.
                  "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                  --George Bernard Shaw
                  A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                  --Woody Allen

Comment

Tiberius: Thats why CtP2 is soo customizable! Do as Pintello suggests and I hope you will be fine then.

Ata

Comment

Ata, my legions will find you, wherever your castle is

Tiberius
                      Emperor of Rome

Post Scriptum: I don't like to customize, and certainly not graphics
                      --George Bernard Shaw
                      --Woody Allen

Comment

If You played Civ I & Civ II and You add some imagination for Your games (not only moving figures and watching battle screen) Legion should be important for You. It's a part of history - I mean this one started by Sid Meyer several years ago

Comment

Karol, you have right.
                          Legions are not important for gameplay, but for the "civ" feeling.
                          I don't even can imagine an ancient battle without legions.
                          Too bad they decided this way
                          --George Bernard Shaw
                          --Woody Allen

Comment

This has to be hoax. Mark please confirm that this is a hoax. I find it very hard that Activision would be this dumb. And for all those who say a mod will fix it - my question is why do the customers have to fix the game. Again please confirm that this is a hoax!

Comment

i dont have the game in front of me right now(in fact i'm in another city!) to be 100% sure, but there is only warriors and hoplite. warriors btw do have an armor, etc, it's not the simple warrior of other games(i'm talking about the looks)
                              see them here
                              http://apolyton.net/ctp2/images/view...-recapture.jpg

jbs, adding a unit you would like in a game just because of it's name, is called modification, not fixing

Comment

Working...
                              X