• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am angry!!!!no city view?!

what the F*** does it mean no city view
    so why st. swithin led us on?!
    you are doing it again activision

------------------
    WHAT IS LIFE AND WHERE DOES IT COME FROM?
    GOI-FONG-TZA ZENMASTER
    GOI-FONG-TZA ZENMASTER

I think Activision told us about the "City Screen" and NOT the "City View". It's not the same thing.

Anyway, I miss the old Civ1 City View
    "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
    --George Bernard Shaw
    A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
    --Woody Allen

Comment

Personally, i couldnt care less about the city-VIEW. It was a static picture that was basically identical for each and every city of the same size. After i looked at it a couple of times, there was no "news-value" in it anymore.

What i want is some means of checking out what units, city-improvements or wonders any indevidual city have already constructed. A picture of each tab of the city-manager would be nice.

Also: I actually *like* micro-managing, and i *never* build queues. Does the appropriate window for that nothing-more-to-build city pop up automatically? MUST i use these queues?

[This message has been edited by Ralf (edited November 10, 2000).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Ralf on 11-10-2000 09:46 AM
        Also: I actually *like* micro-managing, and i *never* build queues. Does the appropriate window for that nothing-more-to-build city pop up automatically? MUST i use these queues?

Well, that's you not everybody else. We probably don't have as much time and patient. and I'm sure you have missed a lot by not using the queues.

==========================
        www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Dida on 11-10-2000 10:20 AM
          Well, that's you not everybody else.

Dida, i didnt imply that playing hands-on, without using the queue-system was the "correct" (or "best") way to play the game.

All i did was asking a question.

Comment

well i can personally tell that winnie lee talked about it and if you look at first five gspy pictures
            (a.k.a the first one) you can see a city view tab

------------------
            GOI-FONG-TZA ZENMASTER
            GOI-FONG-TZA ZENMASTER

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by ZENMASTER on 11-10-2000 01:19 PM
              well i can personally tell that winnie lee talked about it and if you look at first five gspy pictures
              (a.k.a the first one) you can see a city view tab
              if you're talking about this screenshot, "view city" is probably a different text for "city manager". see a latest screenshot

Comment

Hi MarkG,

Actually what they are talking about was the screenshot that showed the city squares map in the upper left hand corner. In the rest of the box you had options to assign workers and things like that. I also think there was a way to work on the build queue. It was not a city view screen a la Civ2. It was more a city management screen. If I had to quess, I would say that you get to it by right-clicking on a city from the main map.

The screen shot in question is found at this URL: http://www.pcdome.hu/preview/calltopower2/index.html

Timothy Pintello
                [This message has been edited by Pintello (edited November 10, 2000).]

Comment

Edit:Redundant post!>Pintello/Ralf found it I think.
                  [This message has been edited by JimMac (edited November 10, 2000).]

Comment

Thanks Pintello: that tip gave me some info about the screen that relocates the city-area workers.

MarkQ: The Build-manager has a button in the lower left corner called City-manager. The City-manager is a multi-tabbed screen:

http://apolyton.net/ctp2/images/view...w/day3-ics.jpg

What i want to know is: How do i know what city-improvements/wonders any indevidual city already have constructed, and what units guards that city?

Is there a tab with all the already constructed city-improvements/units listed, for that indevidual city? I suspect the inventory-tab and the unit-tab.

My God! Many, many screens within screens, and tabs, tabs and tabs.

Why couldnt they have the already-constructed lists and the what-to-build-next queue-lists in one and the same screen? Why did they had to have this equaly vital info two clicks deep and away from each other?

----------------------------------- edited:
                    It seems that the production-tab contains what-to-build-next, and the inventory-tab contains (i believe) already-constructed items. Only one tabe away from each other.

But *why* so many tabs? - why so many clicks? Was it really necessary to split up the info in as many tabs as possible?

Im somewhat confused here by the entangled way the CTP-2 team have chosen to design the interface. I hope i get unconfused after i played the game a couple of times.

Comment

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for the complement. I have gone back and looked at CTP2's Asset pack and I noticed two screenshots were of variations on the City Manager. In both screenshots there is either a tab or a button labled "Inventory." I would guess that that is where you look to see what has been built in a given city already.

Timothy Pintello

Comment

yes, that's what the inventory tab shows

Comment

Whats the big deal? If you want to see a city, book a helicopter ride and tour your hometown. What a whiner!

Comment

Cool down man!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Atahualpa on 11-10-2000 12:33 PM
                              Cool down man!

Hey, don't be so serious, we only discussing some CTP issue here. No Bush nor Gore, don't worry.

==========================
                              www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

Working...
                              X