AI's Invasion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI's Invasion

A major flaw of the AIs in CTP1 is that they are not capable of launching a big scale invasion and always left their city undefended. Also, they never REALLY tried to recapture their lost cities. You can reduce a mighty AI civ to a tiny civ by just eating up his cities slowly. I would like to ask Mark the following questions:
    (1) Are the AIs capable of launching a big scale invasion in your ctp2 game?
    (2) Do they do a good defense job?
    (3) Once you capture their important cities, do they concentrate their troops to try to take it back?(in ctp1 the AIs never recapture a lost city)
    ==========================
    www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

I too have seen this very often that the AI left cities undefended with some soldiers fortified outside of the city(!!)
    Also I have noticed that: I had a stack of 9 soldiers outside of an enemy city (which had a city wall and was placed on mountains, I had no chance of winning this battle), but the AI took 2 units and moved them out of the city, while it must have known that then I would have not much trouble taking the city! Why did he move those 2 out?

Thats what I call stupid actions that mustnt appear in CtP2.

aTa

Comment

According to Mark's Day 3 preview, it seems that AI's are still not capable of launching MAJOR offensives. Its seems the AI is now more concentrated on defense than offense.

Comment

Assume I have a fortress on the mountain placed in narrow piece of land between two seas. I can't imagine AI to omit my army using ships and making an invasion behind my fortress

Comment

i fail to see how you got that. this is what i said
          quote:

I didnt see something like that in the 10 hours I've played the game so far. Dont ask too much guys!

Comment

Working...
          X