Explain how the multi player works..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explain how the multi player works..

I am also venturing on thinking about joining the multiplayer scene. I have patched it up (my game) and when I log in, One server I can never seem to stay connected and the other I can get in but no-one is there. How does it work and Say I find a player, Do I make a game or he and I join? Can we quit and come back to it later? Forgive my ignorance

Lars

Provided you have the current server.dat file (which you can get from the Directory), you'd really have to arrange games through these forums. We here are almost the only ones to play CtP2 - probably noone else except Apolytoners ever plays online, so the servers are indeed empty most of the time.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Ah I did patch the proper server file. So I would have to post here if I wanted to play another online? Can you come back to a game? That is say I start one with you on monday, play for four-five hours and have to quit, can we errr come back to it say a week later? Also does the AI join us?

Lars

Comment

It's possible to save and load multiplayer games, theoretically, though there may be some bugs with it. You can specify whether you want AIs in game, and if you do how many.

And yeah, look around this forum, and you'll notice several threads dealing with MP games - that's how they get set up. Although it has also happened spontaneously, with us using ICQ and going for a game, too.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I have just tried to play multiplayer, I have downloaded the servers.dat file, but every time I try to play it just gets stuck on waiting for servers. What can I do?

Comment

The only thing I'm missing now is a few people to play against! There never seems to be anyone there (or maybe 2 already in a game) I'm practicaly the only person I know who plays CTP2. Anyone the same and up for a game?

Comment

I am usu up for a game. I may be contacted via PM or the post here to arrange for a time.

My time zone is GMT -5 (EST).

Comment

Working...
              X