Advice for my game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maquiladora
    You can stack Slavers with an army and if that army wins any battle a slave will go to your closest city. Or you can just use Slavers on their own to "Slave Raid" cities, but this isnt as good because it can fail if the city has a city wall especially and the slaver will die.
    one slaver in an army ensures that one your cities will increase in population every time you win a battle. In some mods you have to have slavemasters though.

Some people like to have a couple of small armies designed specifically to go after barbs and incrrease popultion quickly. It is also useful to have slavers in border cities so that you can see when other slavers are coming to attack you, 'cos they can see all units. Slavers are also good to use as sentries watching for attack.
    Last edited by Boney; December 13, 2003, 19:35.

Comment

Slaving = big time cheese tactic.

Comment

Originally posted by Boney
        Some people like to have a couple of small armies designed specifically to go after barbs and incrrease popultion quickly. It is also useful to have slaves in border cities so that you can see when other slaves are coming to attack you, 'cos they can see all units. Slaves are also good to use as sentries watching for attack.
        I hope you mean slavers and not slaves Boney, or do you consider slaves as a plague who are spreading around and around like zombies?

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

/me laughs, and almost falls off his chair

Comment

double postage.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBaggins
              Slaving = big time cheese tactic.
              so true....

In MP i saw someone once let one of their own cities get captured by barbs and they then sat 3 stacks with a slaver in each around the barb city and killed a barb every couple of turns that barb city produced a warrior. I wont play with slavers in MP anymore.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                so true....

In MP i saw someone once let one of their own cities get captured by barbs and they then sat 3 stacks with a slaver in each around the barb city and killed a barb every couple of turns that barb city produced a warrior. I wont play with slavers in MP anymore.
                That is just sooooo evil
                Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

I actually considered suggesting that slaving be reduced two ways...

First by removing all barbarian slaving. Its cheesy. (basis: they always fight to the death)

Second by instituting a (hidden to the player) points system for slavery... I.E. if you capture a one stack.. you get one "slave point"... a 12-stack, 12 "slave points"

Maybe allow razing of cities, and the city size goes to points.

Then, have a (modifiable.. by government perhaps) value required to gain a slave... like... say.. 6 points. Every 6 "slave points" you get... a slave is generated in your empire.

Comment

Working...
                  X