How do I determine which version I have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I determine which version I have

Okay...in the light of the source release, I have bought CtP2.

Now I want to know if I have to patch it or no. If I right-click the .exe file, it says ver. 1.2.0.0. But I was under the impression that the patch was 1.1

The game that I have bought is a budget re-release of CtP2. It is labelled XPLOSIV...does anyone know that?

Any help would be much appreciated

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

You can find it by either, looking in the bottom right hand corner of the title screen. You can also find the version in a file called anet.inf in ...\Call To Power 2\ctp2_program\ctp, look for the part that says,

[Version Info]
    Branch=0.0
    Version=1.11
    QA=2254

I dont know exactly what its supposed to say in right click properties but I would say that you have to patch it, even though it is a re-release, they dont bother with the patches, i have an XPLOSIV re-release of Hidden & Dangerous.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

If you have the patched version, the bottom right corner of the start-up screen (where you choose between single-player and multiplayer) should say 'v1.1'.

But I'm fairly certain that the Xplosiv version is unpatched.
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

If you just want to playtest latest builds then you don't need the patch it basicly consits of a modified ctp2.exe and a some text files. But if you want to play mods you need the patch. Anotehr way to figure it out is to open the ctp2.exe with any text editor and search in it for OpenBuildQueue if this string is there you have the patched version.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Okay..thanks guys. anet.inf tells me I have the unpatched version, allthough no version number is written on the start-up screen.

I'll go ahead and patch it

Asmodean
          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Working...
          X