revolting cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• revolting cities

i've been trying to get a city to go into revolt and become a new civ, i changed the max number of players as stated in the faq (i put it to 11, and there are six players currently). however though its happiness is down to 60, and it's had that revolt icon for many many turns, it refuses to become independent. what gives?

What mod are you using happyfresh?
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

i'm playing the game unmodded (just the official patch)

Comment

That's odd according to the const.txt should every city under a happiness level of 60 revolt and from a new civilisation. Maybe there is only a chance of some percent that the city revolts like it is with the riot level. So in that case it would be bad luck and you can only play on and see what happens.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

that must be it, i had it at 60 but not below, once it fell below it immedeatly formed australia. thanks a lot

Comment

60 is way too low though isnt it by default.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

yea, i thought they would rebel just couple of turns after falling below 73. you have to really be doing something wrong to get it below 60.

Comment

Can you even force a city to GO that low?
                "Man with waterhose should not overheat and die"

--A very wise man.

Comment

60 seems really low.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by XGX_Stealth
                    Can you even force a city to GO that low?
                    Max out the sliders on the cost of happiness, don't build happiness buildings, fill the city radius with mines as much as possible for the pollution, and also add as much production buildings as possible, avoid it to controll crime, and no wonders that increase happiness. Well that should be enough to force the happiness down 60. The main messarument is to increase pollution that causes alot of unhappiness.

-Martin

Comment

.... and also go WAY over your city limit for your government, -1 happiness empire-wide for every city over the limit.
                      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                        .... and also go WAY over your city limit for your government, -1 happiness empire-wide for every city over the limit.
                        I forgot that, and I recently tought the AI to respect the city cap.

-Martin

Comment

If that fix is a SLIC code, I'd be really interested in seeing a version for Cradle.
                          Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                          ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                            ...and I recently tought the AI to respect the city cap.

-Martin
                            The AI civs can always be taught to respect the City cap the hard way, with machineguns and tanks, but anything that fixes our good old CtP2 game is a better thing.

Could you share the solution Martin?
                            "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by hexagonian
                              If that fix is a SLIC code, I'd be really interested in seeing a version for Cradle.
                              It is not only a slic code but also. First I needed a way to find out a players current government, in contrast to Dale's sollution that requires adding new units, my sollution just requires adjusting your governments. To be precise the work day food rations and salleries expectations. Everything you have to do is to check the players government and if it is over the cap make shure that the AI player considers a new strategy. Another question Dave does the latest version of Cradle contain a version of my BetterAi.slc. The version I have installed on my computer doesn't, but it wouldn't be such a good idea to use the current public version, as I discovered some serious bugs in it.

Also Peter did a great job in his new scripts a lot of stuff I was going to do, too. I certainly will incorporate his SaveThePlanes.slc as replacement for Dale's airunit.slc. The only question is if I need to change the unit.txt for that to make it work.

But more later.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                              X