Calling MP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling MP

Hey guys been playing CTP2 for a while now but am going to get connected to telewest Blueyounder Broadband on 18th Sept so im looking for some seroius players who wanna have a game...
    not interested in teenyboper players who just piss about.

So im not sure about which mods to use but i can play anytime after 6.00pm GMT - I cannot play before this time during the week as i have work, but i can play after 6.00 on week days till about 11.00-ish and usualy anytime on week-ends - carnt start till next friday (19th).

So anyone interested...???

Thanks Guys

Glen
    Then i remembered thinking to myself "Holy Jesus what are these god damn animals"----> "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

Id probably be interested, I only play unmodded game online, mods cause crashes in MP.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

They make the game crash what... all mods... hmmmm
      i dont really like the ummoded game... is there any mods that work on MP?
      Then i remembered thinking to myself "Holy Jesus what are these god damn animals"----> "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

Comment

Ive only tried Med Mod II and Cradle 1.3 and both times me and the other player both downloaded the mods from the same place and installed on a fresh CTP2 install. We got various errors with sprites and differences in text files.

For other reasons the unmodded game is better for MP too, its more simple than most mods (faster turns, although i dont rush people), you arent going to be playing against an AI (most of the time), its easier to find a game with someone because everyone has the latest patch (not everyone has mods).

If youre predisposed to playing only with mods in MP, it might be best to find someone to play against regularly and make sure you have exactly the same mod and installation. I used to see 2 Germans on the server playing SAP2 games quite alot.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Hmm ok, well if most people only play with the patch and no mods then thts fine... im up for anything... i never played MP before, only a lot of SP.

ok so anymore people wanna play too?

Glen

Comment

Game

I'am up for a game with you Glen, just say when.

Comment

Ok Great, so i got 1 player and 1 potiental player so far... so like i say Toni im not getting connected til 18th Sept (im using the internet @ work at the mo) so anyone else interested... also how many human player do you guys usualy have to play an MP i was thinking about 4 but whats the norm amount?

Thanks
              Glen
              Last edited by Glen; September 11, 2003, 04:20.

Comment

Ill play on the 19th. If theres one more we could have a 2v2, the norm is usually 1v1 because its easiest to arrange and less resynchs, but a 2v2 would be good.

Comment

Hmmm, but where does diplomacy come into a team Vs team game... but sure yea ill play anything... so one more then and date set for 19th (must be after 6.00 GMT)

Comment

Well whichever game type im not bothered, a 1v1v1 would be good too.

Comment

OK then Maquiladora 1v1v1 it is unless we get some more players... any one else interested?

Comment

So, you are planning for next weekend?
                        Might be OK for me, but not yet sure............(stupid work)........

Comment

Next Weekend, hmmm fine by me... think Maquiladora was after the 19th which is a friday, but i can play friday and the week-end as well.

Comment

Well whenever is fine, theres a week yet.

Comment

OKay, Great next weekend it is then, Hmmmm... hope im up to ur standards, im guessing MP is going to be a bit diferent to SP, props faster pace, less time for empire bliuding? Well i'll give it my best anyway...
                              Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                              X