X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBEM game

Anyone interested in an WAW pbem game?
    When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Unfortunately the PBEM mode doesnt work when you enable it, it just repeats the same turn over and over I tried a few times to have a "PBEM" game using the hotseat mode, and it worked, but there was still no Human-to-Human diplomacy.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

human to human dip can be handled by e-mails and such but still

Comment

At which pace you want to play? I might be interrested...........

Comment

human to human dip can be handled by e-mails and such but still
          Thats what me and turambar did when we played a hotseat mode game over email with SAP, i think we got almost 80 turns played.

Maybe if you had SAP or Call To Conquer game with 4 players or so id be interested.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

SAP it is then

Comment

with or without updater?

Comment

Without or with if a miacle happens and i can acully download something,
                the zip is always empty when i open after i download it

Comment

ískallin you could use a download manager like GetRight or try a better browser like Mozilla or Opera, if you don't already use one of them.

-Martin
                  Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I think we shouldnt use the unit updater, i dont know much about the code involved but it might be best to keep human-only code out of the game to save unknown complications.

Comment

FYI, this weekend I don't think I'll be available...(actually starting from tomorrow..............)

But to recap:

1.) SAP
                      2.) No updater
                      3.) Players so far:
                      Maq
                      Iskalin
                      myself

Which settings (size.......)?

Comment

We still need to work out how this is going to work because the PBEM option doesnt work properly (it never goes onto turn 1 after zero for any player).

This is how me an Turambar played with the Hotseat option over email,

We had 4 players, me, him and 2 AI's. The turns played like this,

Plyr 1 Maq
                        Plyr 2 Dummy AI A
                        Plyr 3 Turambar
                        Plyr 4 Dummy AI B

so i played my turn then it went automatically onto Dummy AI A's turn, i saved it on that turn and sent the turn to turambar, he played his turn, saved it on dummy ai B's turn and sent it to me etc etc ..........

Obviously we had to have these dummy ai's so we couldnt see each others position on the map between turns. We eventually met the dummy ai's and we could see where each other were sometimes through the ai's settlers field of vision, this is the only problem we had (not inculding human-human diplomacy). The dummy ai settlers wouldnt move and had infinite hit points so they never died by barbarians and wouldnt interfer with the game too much.

If someone could find a way to make the dummy AI's field of vision zero or somehow make it possible to save the game while the screen is black waiting for the next players turn in Hotseat modee it would solve this, but otherwise thats the only way ive found 'PBEM' can be played.

Comment

Should'nt we have a rather small map so we can get some action early on because we won't probaly be able to play to many turns?

Comment

Working...
                          X