Changing the AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the AI

How do you alter the behaviour of the AI? i'm completely stumped about this?

Hello,

If you mean how do you change what the AI does, what it builds, etc. Then you need to start playing around with the SLIC code which determines what the AI does.

There are several mods about which have already altered the SLIC code to make the game harder, etc, such as AIfrenzy, which I have just downloaded and would highly recommend.

As to actually playing about with the SLIC code I would aks about it the mod making section of the CTP2 forums. I'm sure some SLIC vet would be happy to help.

Comment

Originally posted by tired_jim
      If you mean how do you change what the AI does, what it builds, etc. Then you need to start playing around with the SLIC code which determines what the AI does.
      Actualy what the AI builds is determined in the buildlists and in the strategies.txt, no slic here. Of course a scripted system could be supperior but a lot of work.

Actual slic is only needed to help the AI to change its strategy at the right point.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
      X